djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Okay I'm having a major problem with my computer. I built a new Z68 rig about a month ago and everything has been fine until today, I lost all network connections. I think I narrowed the problem down to the LAN controller on the motherboard but I'm not sure. I have tested and confirmed that my wired connection is good, the same modem and Ethernet cables work on other computers but when plugged into my Asus P8Z68-V, I am unable to establish a connection. The Windows troubleshooting diagnostic says it's a problem with the modem (it always says that) but other computers work fine with the same connection so obviously that's not the case.

I tried re-installing the LAN controller drivers and booting from Linux instead of Windows, but still have the same problem. I really want to avoid an RMA for obvious reasons, any other ideas?

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
Well I spent an hour on the phone with tech support from my ISP and tried a new Windows install as well, still no luck. I submitted a support ticket to ASUS and they already responded, directing me to the RMA department... not looking good.

djsprinkle

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
It does show up in device manager. It has an IP assigned but not the right one (it should be the IP of the router right?) The tech support for my ISP was confused because the IP it has was one that usually appears when there is a problem with the modem/router/Ethernet cable, but clearly it's none of those.