Successor of Nikon D70

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 29, 2005 10:08:02 PM

Hello :

anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?

I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.

Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon

Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?

thanks for any info since i am about to buy the D70

marc

More about : successor nikon d70

January 29, 2005 10:08:03 PM

"ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message

> Hello :
>
> anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
>
> I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
> a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
>
> Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
> 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
> get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
>
> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
>

> thanks for any info since i am about to buy the D70
>

> marc

I would expect the D70 replacement in FY2006. The rebates you see is so you
people in Europe can see a price like we have in North America.
Anonymous
January 29, 2005 10:08:03 PM

I just bought one in the US and it came with a rebate. I think they are
trying to compete with the Rebel, or maybe they just made too many. I did
see a picture of a D80 that was posted here, but not sure if it was real or
not, and they certainly are not available in the US, if they are available
at all.

"ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message

> Hello :
>
> anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
>
> I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
> a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
>
> Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
> 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
> get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
>
> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
>

> thanks for any info since i am about to buy the D70
>

> marc

Related resources
January 30, 2005 2:53:02 AM

All the new Nikon dSLR images I have found I have placed on my website.
These are all fakes see captions. There will be a D200 with a higher pixel
count, but I would suggest it will look much like the D200. The
battery/vertical grip will not be intregal, as Nikon will not stop making a
$400 add-on.

http://www.darrelllarose.ca/gallery/NikonD200

"Sheldon" <sheldon@XXXXXXXXsopris.net> wrote in message
> I just bought one in the US and it came with a rebate. I think they are
> trying to compete with the Rebel, or maybe they just made too many. I did
> see a picture of a D80 that was posted here, but not sure if it was real
or
> not, and they certainly are not available in the US, if they are available
> at all.
>

> "ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message
> >

> > Hello :
> >
> > anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
> >
> > I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
> > a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
> >
> > Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add
another
> > 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
> > get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
> >
> > Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
> >

> > thanks for any info since i am about to buy the D70
> >

> > marc

Anonymous
January 30, 2005 5:44:02 AM

"ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message

> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?

I would be very surprised if Nikon does not have at least one important
product announcement at the PMA show in February.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 7:13:58 AM

Andrew Koenig wrote:
> "ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message
> > Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
> I would be very surprised if Nikon does not have at least one important
> product announcement at the PMA show in February.

....and - speculate, speculate - this will be the D100 successor.

Juergen
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 12:40:04 PM

When Nikon dropped the price of the D100 to $1500 a year-and-a-half ago,
everyone started speculating that the D200 was imminent. Pricing and rebates
are probably more likely to be a result of competitive pricing issues and
speculation on what it mean to the future of that model or its replacement
are probably fruitless.

Having said that, Nikon's marketing history would suggest that we'll see a
D70 replacement sometime within the next year. But for the time being, the
D100's time-in-service and the fact that it's price has dropped to the same
level as the D70 would seem to indicate that the D200 will be announced long
before the D90 hits the streets.

HMc

"ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message

> Hello :
>
> anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
>
> I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
> a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
>
> Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
> 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
> get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
>
> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
>

> thanks for any info since i am about to buy the D70
>

> marc

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 6:19:23 PM

ihuman07 wrote:
> Hello :
>
> anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
>
> I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
> a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
>
> Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
> 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
> get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
>
> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?

I had just been wondering the same thing. After looking around for a
digital SLR under $1500 w/ lens, storage, etc, I think something like
the D70 will suite me for experimenting with photography. Before
purchasing I decided to look around for news of a successor first. I
noticed looking at the press releases that the D70 was announced Q1 of
2004. Being new to anything more than point-and-shoot, I'm not sure what
type schedule digital cameras follow; many electronics seem to follow an
anual or bianual cycle. I certainly would hate to purchase the D70 and
then see them release a 8 megapixel version next month. Perhaps another
month of Ruminations would be prudent.

Randy.
January 31, 2005 7:31:46 PM

In Canada the D70 with 18~70 sell for CDN $1499.99 (about £642.638) in the
UK it's £1049.99 (or CDN $2,451.65) in Germany it's ?1,110.00 or about CDN
$1800. So I can see Nikon Europe trying to lower the price to prevent USA
imports.

"Randy W. Sims" <RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org> wrote in message
news:D _KdnYCksulRD2PcRVn_vA@giganews.com...
> ihuman07 wrote:
> > Hello :
> >
> > anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
> >
> > I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
> > a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
> >
> > Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add
another
> > 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
> > get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
> >
> > Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
>
> I had just been wondering the same thing. After looking around for a
> digital SLR under $1500 w/ lens, storage, etc, I think something like
> the D70 will suite me for experimenting with photography. Before
> purchasing I decided to look around for news of a successor first. I
> noticed looking at the press releases that the D70 was announced Q1 of
> 2004. Being new to anything more than point-and-shoot, I'm not sure what
> type schedule digital cameras follow; many electronics seem to follow an
> anual or bianual cycle. I certainly would hate to purchase the D70 and
> then see them release a 8 megapixel version next month. Perhaps another
> month of Ruminations would be prudent.
>
> Randy.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 11:31:48 PM

Unless you're a big dollar pro or just a camera snob, I can't see how
you wouldn't be happy with a D70 for years. Great images, as easy or
hard to use as you want it to be, fast and cheap to keep once you've
paid for the camera. Buy it, shoot, accumulate lenses and be happy
until the 20 megapixel models are under a grand, then upgrade.
Meantime, you've got a hard drive full of great photography built up
and you've had a lot of fun instead of waiting and hoping. Best
suggestion I can make is check out the images on all the forums posted
by happy Digital Rebel and D70 owners. Bet they're not sorry they took
the plunge. I know I'm not.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 12:13:40 AM

"Randy W. Sims" <RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org> wrote in message
news:D _KdnYCksulRD2PcRVn_vA@giganews.com...
> ihuman07 wrote:
>> Hello :
>>
>> anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
>>
>> I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
>> a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
>>
>> Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
>> 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
>> get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
>>
>> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
>
> I had just been wondering the same thing. After looking around for a
> digital SLR under $1500 w/ lens, storage, etc, I think something like the
> D70 will suite me for experimenting with photography. Before purchasing I
> decided to look around for news of a successor first. I noticed looking
> at the press releases that the D70 was announced Q1 of 2004. Being new to
> anything more than point-and-shoot, I'm not sure what type schedule
> digital cameras follow; many electronics seem to follow an anual or
> bianual cycle. I certainly would hate to purchase the D70 and then see
> them release a 8 megapixel version next month. Perhaps another month of
> Ruminations would be prudent.
>
> Randy.

I thought about that, too. But in the longrun cameras will just keep
getting better and or cheaper, and you'll never know when that will happen.
You might buy the D70 only to find the rave reviews never drop below
whatever replaces it. You might wait and buy the D80 only to find the D70
was a better camera. I know there are a few discontinued digital cameras
around that people want more than the replacements. Might be a wider
aperture, or whatever, but it happens. I would expect to see more or better
lenses for the D70 at lower prices. That could easily keep the model going
for a long time. Nikon already makes some DSLR's with more megapixels, if
that's what you want.

A great example of this is automobiles. You pretty much expect new models
to have more power, slight changes, and cost more than last year's model.
But look at the Vette? More of everything for less money. Doesn't happen
often, but it does. And sometimes the new model doesn't look at good as the
old one. Porsche had to go back several years and change the body on their
new 911 because most people hated the new one.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 1:12:14 PM

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:31:46 -0500, "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:

>In Canada the D70 with 18~70 sell for CDN $1499.99 (about £642.638) in the
>UK it's £1049.99

You're looking in the wrong shops. At least two local shops where I am in
the UK are selling the D70+18-70mm for £769 and body only for £699. (Which
is a bit of a bummer when I paid £849 for my D70 kit two months ago!!)

> (or CDN $2,451.65) in Germany it's ?1,110.00 or about CDN
>$1800. So I can see Nikon Europe trying to lower the price to prevent USA
>imports.

Regards,
February 5, 2005 3:30:27 AM

"Juergen ." <jaguare@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> Andrew Koenig wrote:
> > "ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message
> > > Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
> > I would be very surprised if Nikon does not have at least one important
> > product announcement at the PMA show in February.
>
> ...and - speculate, speculate - this will be the D100 successor.

i second that - nikons product cycles are usually around 3 years - so i
doubt that the d70's successor will be announced anytime before fall 06.

sid
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 4:50:12 AM

This is digital world 3 years will make it dinosaur. They will pump a new
one every few months , max 1 year.
"sid derra" <ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote in message
> "Juergen ." <jaguare@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>> Andrew Koenig wrote:
>> > I would be very surprised if Nikon does not have at least one important
>> > product announcement at the PMA show in February.
>>
>> ...and - speculate, speculate - this will be the D100 successor.
>
> i second that - nikons product cycles are usually around 3 years - so i
> doubt that the d70's successor will be announced anytime before fall 06.
>
> sid

Anonymous
February 5, 2005 9:53:29 AM

sid derra wrote:
> "Juergen ." <jaguare@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
>
>>Andrew Koenig wrote:

>>>I would be very surprised if Nikon does not have at least one important
>>>product announcement at the PMA show in February.
>>
>>...and - speculate, speculate - this will be the D100 successor.
>

> i second that - nikons product cycles are usually around 3 years - so i
> doubt that the d70's successor will be announced anytime before fall 06.

They just about /HAVE/ to be releasing something. At Adororama, for the
D100s:

$200.00 Mfr Rebate from Oct 1, 2004 - Mar 31, 2005

for the D70 kits

$200.00 Mfr Rebate from Feb 1, 2005 - Mar 31, 2005

I can't speak for manufacturers of digital cameras, but in most other
electronics, rebates like the above mean a new model is about to be
released or announced. I just wonder what it will be and at what price
level. Being a beginner/amatuer, $1100 (USD) for a dSLR, lens, and
storage might be the better move for me. BUT if they release a new model
at close the the original price range $1300-$1500 (USD), I'll end up
banging my head on the wall for the next year...

Randy.
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 8:00:40 PM

In article <ha2dnczujfAnLpnfRVn_vA@giganews.com>,
Randy W. Sims <RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org> wrote:

[ ... ]

>They just about /HAVE/ to be releasing something. At Adororama, for the
>D100s:
>
> $200.00 Mfr Rebate from Oct 1, 2004 - Mar 31, 2005
>
>for the D70 kits
>
> $200.00 Mfr Rebate from Feb 1, 2005 - Mar 31, 2005

[ ... ]

>level. Being a beginner/amatuer, $1100 (USD) for a dSLR, lens, and
>storage might be the better move for me.

Out of curiosity -- how much storage comes in the D70 kit? I
bought a body only, since I already had a very nice 28-105mm zoom AF
lens which I felt was a better fit for my usual shooting than the range
of the zoom in the kit.

Anyway -- body only comes with *no* storage.

And back when I got my first digital -- a Nikon Coolpix 950 --
they came with all of 8mb of storage -- far from enough for any serious
use. When I got the D70 body, I picked up a 1GB 80x by Lexar, and since
have added another (and have needed both on one trip).

> BUT if they release a new model
>at close the the original price range $1300-$1500 (USD), I'll end up
>banging my head on the wall for the next year...

I understand -- but consider how many photo opportunities you
will be missing if you wait.

Good luck,
DoN.

February 5, 2005 8:54:08 PM

On 5 Feb 2005 17:00:40 -0500, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
dnichols@d-and-d.com (DoN. Nichols) wrote:
> Out of curiosity -- how much storage comes in the D70 kit? I
>bought a body only, since I already had a very nice 28-105mm zoom AF
>lens which I felt was a better fit for my usual shooting than the range
>of the zoom in the kit.

In the Nikon kit, none. Several reputable vendors do bundle with cards at
pretty good prices, such as B&H for a bit more than the basic kit.
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 6, 2005 1:45:04 AM

DoN. Nichols <dnichols@d-and-d.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity -- how much storage comes in the D70 kit?

None, as it should be.

--
Jeremy | jeremy@exit109.com
Anonymous

Ed Ruf wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2005 17:00:40 -0500, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
> dnichols@d-and-d.com (DoN. Nichols) wrote:
>
>> Out of curiosity -- how much storage comes in the D70 kit? I
>>bought a body only, since I already had a very nice 28-105mm zoom AF
>>lens which I felt was a better fit for my usual shooting than the range
>>of the zoom in the kit.
>

> In the Nikon kit, none. Several reputable vendors do bundle with cards at
> pretty good prices, such as B&H for a bit more than the basic kit.

Yeah, the B&H kit is the one I was referring to:

Nikon D70, 6.1 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera with Nikon 18-70mm DX Zoom
Nikkor Lens and Sandisk 1GB Extreme III CompactFlash Card[1]. Oddly,
they offer it for the same price as they offer as the D70 kit without
storage.

This is more than likely the camera I will get, but I've decided to wait
a couple more weeks just to see what they do... They /may/ make an offer
I can't refuse, but I sort of doubt it will be as cost efficient for
someone like me who's basically just looking for a hobby away from the
keyboard.

1. <http://tinyurl.com/5ofnz&gt;, aka
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...;
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 9:33:14 AM

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 01:32:11 -0500, in rec.photo.digital.slr-systems "Randy
W. Sims" <RandyS@ThePierianSpring.org> wrote:

>Yeah, the B&H kit is the one I was referring to:
>
>Nikon D70, 6.1 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera with Nikon 18-70mm DX Zoom
>Nikkor Lens and Sandisk 1GB Extreme III CompactFlash Card[1]. Oddly,
>they offer it for the same price as they offer as the D70 kit without
>storage.

>1. <http://tinyurl.com/5ofnz&gt;, aka
><http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=produ...;

Probably because the haven't drop the price of the standard kit. Same price
as when I bought mine from them last summer. BTW, there is now a bonus
rebate on the kit ($200 total). I would inquire from B&H whether their kit
with card qualifies,
http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/slr_rebates.pd...
----------
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
February 6, 2005 1:41:34 PM

"ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message

> Hello :
>
> anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
>
> I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
> a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
>
> Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
> 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
> get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
>
> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
>

> thanks for any info since i am about to buy the D70
>

> marc

Going by your theory, why buy a new car? They are just going to change it
in a few years, and it will probably have more power. And your computer?
You know in a month you will either be able to get a better price or a
faster computer. I just got a new MP3 Player. Less money than my old one,
and it holds twice as much music, has a better display, and even has an FM
radio, too. The list can go on and on. Right now that D70 kit is a great
bargain with the discount (I got mine right before they upped the rebate to
$200).

If they do come out with a D80, will you wonder what the D90 will be like
and wait?
Anonymous
February 6, 2005 10:46:20 PM

> If they do come out with a D80, will you wonder what the D90 will be like
> and wait?

No, i will go out and buy one. You're right, cannot keep on waiting ...
life is too short :-)

Thanks everyone for the comments.

marc

> "ihuman07" <ihuman@pandora.be> wrote in message
>>

>> Hello :
>>
>> anyone has an idea when the successor of the D70 will come ?
>>
>> I recently saw the special offer of Nikon which they had in germany :
>> a 100 euro cash back for all orders untill january 31st.
>>
>> Today i saw that they are extending their offer and they even add another
>> 50 euros : so for all orders placed between 1/feb and 30/4 you'll
>> get a 150 euro cash back of Nikon
>>
>> Does this mean the successor of Nikon D70 is expected soon ?
>>

>> thanks for any info since i am about to buy the D70
>>

>> marc
>
> Going by your theory, why buy a new car? They are just going to change it
> in a few years, and it will probably have more power. And your computer?
> You know in a month you will either be able to get a better price or a
> faster computer. I just got a new MP3 Player. Less money than my old
> one, and it holds twice as much music, has a better display, and even has
> an FM radio, too. The list can go on and on. Right now that D70 kit is a
> great bargain with the discount (I got mine right before they upped the
> rebate to $200).
>
> If they do come out with a D80, will you wonder what the D90 will be like
> and wait?

February 8, 2005 12:47:50 AM

"SG210" <sg210@free.fr> wrote in message
> Maybe this one
>
> http://www.dicc.com.cn/hyxarticle/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=8...
>
> japanese needed!!!

Except it's a Fuji Finepix S3Pro that has been Photoshopped...

My best guess is the D200 will use much the same body shell as the D100.
The vertical grip will be a $400 optional extra. It will contain either the
Sony made 10 MP CCD, or a variation of the Nikon designed Sony built 12.4 MP
sensor from the D2X, with some features disabled. We'll know on Feb 18, as
that is the date Nikon Canada told me to expect the PMA Show announcements.

Why not this version?
http://www.darrelllarose.ca/gallery/NikonD200/D200_Niko...

I have gathered all the fakes I have found and put them on my website at:
http://www.darrelllarose.ca/gallery/NikonD200
February 8, 2005 12:47:50 AM

"SG210" <sg210@free.fr> wrote in message
> Maybe this one
>
> http://www.dicc.com.cn/hyxarticle/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=8...
>
> japanese needed!!!

Not a perfect translation, but here is what Google says;

"Publication date: In January, 2005 5 sunrises place: Permanent friend
letter honest author: ??? already had 2253 readers reads this article

The Nikon D100 price now one road walks lowly, Nikon D70 takes the basic
level only instead, dies knocks CANON 300D, new issue D2X II is trying with
1DS MARK is higher than, contends with with 20D mission actually some who do
take on? Continuously on-line rumor Nikon D200 now looked like also obtains
further the confirmation, below was the Nikon D200 picture, looked from the
picture mass sum content, this real degree was very high. The detailed
parameter situation now also is unknown wants when the NIKON Corporation's
accurate issue.

[image] (fake)

Nikon D200 picture

[image]actual

Nikon D100 picture

[image] actual

Nikon D2X

Looks from the issue picture, compares with the present product at least has
two characteristics:

1. To the burnt auxiliary lamp or said is likes on suitable horse SD10 the
remote control receive sensor window and D100 is different to the burnt
auxiliary lamp

2.NIKON takes decoration was striking red from the handle place shift to the
lens lower part."

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fww...
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:47:51 AM

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:22:52 -0500, "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:

>"SG210" <sg210@free.fr> wrote in message
>> Maybe this one
>>
>> http://www.dicc.com.cn/hyxarticle/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=8...
>>
>> japanese needed!!!
>>
>Not a perfect translation, but here is what Google says;
>
>"Publication date: In January, 2005 5 sunrises place: Permanent friend
>letter honest author: ??? already had 2253 readers reads this article
>
>The Nikon D100 price now one road walks lowly, Nikon D70 takes the basic
>level only instead, dies knocks CANON 300D, new issue D2X II is trying with
>1DS MARK is higher than, contends with with 20D mission actually some who do
>take on? Continuously on-line rumor Nikon D200 now looked like also obtains
>further the confirmation, below was the Nikon D200 picture, looked from the
>picture mass sum content, this real degree was very high. The detailed
>parameter situation now also is unknown wants when the NIKON Corporation's
>accurate issue.

That fairly well illustrates they never wrote much Shakespeare,
doesn't it?

....automated translation, you've gotta love it.

--
Owamanga!
February 22, 2005 4:24:49 AM

"Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
> "SG210" <sg210@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Maybe this one
> >
> > http://www.dicc.com.cn/hyxarticle/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=8...
> >
> > japanese needed!!!
> >

> Wouldn't help. That's a Chinese website.

Google will sort of translate (Beta) that page;

"Contends with Nikon D200 with 20D also has the recent news

----

Publication date: In January, 2005 5 sunrises place: Permanent friend letter
honest author: ??? already had 3702 readers reads this article

[...]

WTF, any how the page shows a Photoshopped D200 fake.
Anonymous
February 22, 2005 5:57:34 PM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:20:28 -0500, "Darrell" <dev/null> wrote:

>"Bubbabob" <rnorton@_remove_this_thuntek.net> wrote in message
>> "SG210" <sg210@free.fr> wrote:
>>
>> > Maybe this one
>> >
>> > http://www.dicc.com.cn/hyxarticle/ReadNews.asp?NewsID=8...
>> >
>> > japanese needed!!!
>> >

>> Wouldn't help. That's a Chinese website.
>
>Google will sort of translate (Beta) that page;
>
>"Contends with Nikon D200 with 20D also has the recent news
>

>Publication date: In January, 2005 5 sunrises place: Permanent friend letter
>honest author: ??? already had 3702 readers reads this article
>
>The Nikon D100 price now one road walks lowly, Nikon D70 takes the basic
>level only instead, dies knocks CANON 300D, new issue D2X II is trying with
>1DS MARK is higher than, contends with with 20D mission actually some who do
>take on? Continuously on-line rumor Nikon D200 now looked like also obtains
>further the confirmation, below was the Nikon D200 picture, looked from the
>picture mass sum content, this real degree was very high. The detailed
>parameter situation now also is unknown wants when the NIKON Corporation's
>accurate issue.

<snip>

...which explains why the translation service will forever remain in
Beta..

--
Owamanga!
!