Issues with Radeon HD 6950

Hello everyone, I just bought a Sapphire Radeon HD 6950, and I'm having problems with installing it.

I'm really hoping it's not DOA, as both fans are spinning and it does power on. However, I am receiving a solid red light and no signal for my connections.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 3.4 ghz
RAM: 2x of 2gb G.Skill Ripjaw Series
Motherboard: ASRock 880GM-LE FX
Hard Drive: Western Digital 160gb Hard Drive
PSU: Corsair GS500 Gaming Series
Case: Antec Nine Hundred

Can anyone help me out? I'd really appreciate it. :)
8 answers Last reply
More about issues radeon 6950
  1. Does the system power on/boot to windows without the 6950 not installed? Are you connecting all the necessary PCI-x power connections?
  2. Yes, the system turns on and boots to Windows when I don't have the 6950 installed. I have checked and it is connected.

Do you think it could just be a faulty card?
  3. Are you receiving a signal from the motherboard video while the card is in?
  4. If you mean while using the integrated graphics from the motherboard while having the graphics card in, then yes.

Correct me if I didn't understand you right, haha. I'm a little slow.
  5. Connect via DVI, then enter the BIOS, disable the onboard 4200 GPU, set boot up to PEG, then save and reboot. Problem solved?
  6. What's PEG? I've went into the BIOS and disabled the onboard graphics. I'm not sure what PEG is though.
  7. Disabling the onboard should do the trick. You can also reset the CMOS.
  8. squirrelyman91 said:
    What's PEG? I've went into the BIOS and disabled the onboard graphics. I'm not sure what PEG is though.

Boots from PCI-E slot as in your main graphics card as opposed to onboard.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards HD Radeon Graphics