Sign in with
Your question

Need help upgrade

Last response: in Systems
November 4, 2012 9:31:00 AM

Now, my cousin has a dinosaur that he would like to upgrade he has an old compaq sr5707c specs here:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...
now I've given him my corsair 500w 80 plus certified psu, and he wants to slab a 7770 in there what kind of a bottleneck is he looking at, if its well over 25%,
what's the cheapest course of upgrade that he can do (he is a college student so he's spread a bit thin)
Thanks in advance!!!! :) 

More about : upgrade

a b B Homebuilt system
November 4, 2012 9:46:15 AM

Your link doesn't work. Also need a firm budget. In general, it's best not to do much with oem systems. The operating system is board dependent, meaning it only works with the original board. So if you use the original board, bottlenecks won't change much. Check the measurments of any video card you choose under "specs" or details for newegg.com; some won't fit in those small oem cases.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 4, 2012 2:31:56 PM

My best advice is to sell it after creating a backup dvd of your current operating system and format or wipe the hardrive. Hp has a program to create a backup dvd that came with his pc. If you live in the usa, you'll see black friday deals for under $300 with windows 8. Even if he only gets $100 for his old system, a new system will be a better deal than upgrading his old one. Having to purchase a new windows coa and power supply makes an upgrade more expensive than starting over.
m
l
!