Issues with HD 7870 Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
An HX750 should be sufficient to power two 7870s. Did you make sure to download the latest Catalyst Application Profiles pack? If you didn't that can cause problems when trying to run these games in Crossfire.

If that's not the problem you likely either have driver problems, or issues with those particular games. You may want to try using Driversweeper and reinstall the 12.8 drivers, or try an earlier revision like 12.6 or 12.7 beta, and see if that helps.

notoriousbun

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Hi,
I just got a second Sapphire 7870 OC to crossfire and am having issues with crashes. Each card runs fine when they are running by themselves, but when i play any games I crash when in crossfire. I've tested the setup with BF3, Sleeping Dogs, and GTA IV. Here are my specs:

Intel I5 3570K @ 4.2 GHZ
2X Sapphire 7870 OC in crossfire
8GB Patriot Viper
Corsair HX750
2X Samsung 830 128GB SSD in Raid0

I am thinking maybe it might be my PSU is too weak to handle the load or AMD driver (catalyst 12.8)issues.
I appreciate the help in helping me resolve this issue.

An HX750 should be sufficient to power two 7870s. Did you make sure to download the latest Catalyst Application Profiles pack? If you didn't that can cause problems when trying to run these games in Crossfire.

If that's not the problem you likely either have driver problems, or issues with those particular games. You may want to try using Driversweeper and reinstall the 12.8 drivers, or try an earlier revision like 12.6 or 12.7 beta, and see if that helps.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.