srpadilla

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hello,
I have a serious problem with my computer,I was wondering if any1 can help. The problem is that everytime I start up my comp there is always a constant beeping noise and the screen is completely black even though the screen is on. If there are any tips,suggestions, or solutions please tell. Thank you.

Hi, your PC has found a problem and is trying to tell you what is wrong using "beep codes". Your owners manual trouble shooting section can decode the beeps for you. Beep codes are used to say things like "failed memory" "failed video" etc.

Try googling beep code and your PCs model number. Post what the beep code means and people will suggest how to fix it.

srpadilla

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Ok so i checked and there is 5 beeps than a pause, then continuous beeping. I went on the support website and it states that 5 beeps means a processor error any suggestions?

This is not great. Please post your PC model number so someone can double check the beep code.

As Deemo13 says, processors fail less often than most other parts.

Your MB says you have a failed processor. That means (1) the MB is confused (2) something else is failing and that is preventing the MB from detecting the CPU (3) the CPU has failed or (4) some nasty combination of all of the first three.

Suggest you
1. Post model number
2. Unplug PC from the wall and wait at least 1 minute before plugging it back in again. Does it work now? <The power button on a PC doesn't really do anything, there is a MB routine that reads the state of the button and acts accordingly. By unplugging and letting the capacitors drain you are stopping this code, when you power up again a new copy is loaded. Everything might start working.>
3. I'd power off then remove all wires from the PC except the power cord. No keyboard, no mouse, no video, no USB attached devices, no network, no monitor. Then power on again. Do the beep codes say it failed the same way? IF no post.
4. If step 3 didn't change anything then I'd pull the video card and remove the power and SATA cables from the disk drives. Remove any other cards you have (sound, etc.). Now do the beep codes say it failed the same way? IF no post.
5. If step 3 and 4 didn't change anythign then pull memory. I don't know the order the BIOS tests CPU and Memory. Not sure if you get the failed CPU or the no-memory beep. If you get the no-memory beep try with just one dimm. If you get CPU failed then try with just the other dimm.

If you get through all the above steps its either the power supply is bad (not putting out the right voltage), the MB has failed or the CPU is bad. the only way I know to find out which one is to swap them one at a time.

Good Luck.

TRENDING THREADS