Computer Shuts off during gaming

rcschenck998

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Hey guys I just want to get your thoughts on something. I built a pc not to long ago and had no problems with it. Now I play Chivalry Medieval Warfare for a couple of hours and the computer just shuts down. I haven't had that problem with any of my other games yet. I play sc2, d3,CoH,skyrim, etc... This is the only game I've noticed a random shut down.

Specs:
Amd Phenom processer 3.4
16gb of ram
ultra 750 watt atx psu
msi 970a-g46 mob
geforce gtx 660

I don't think its a heat issue because everything is fairly new and I have 3 fans in my case. So it could be my psu or mob is what I'm thinking but I'm not 100% sure. So askin for help here...

rcschenck998

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I've checked my temps on my gpu and ran a stress test on it. it passed. on my cpu i've ran a prime95 for a little bit and it never got about 60c. still not sure what it could be though.
thanks for the reply.

rcschenck998

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
I've checked my temps on my gpu and ran a stress test on it. it passed. on my cpu i've ran a prime95 for a little bit and it never got about 60c. still not sure what it could be though.
thanks for the reply.

exarkun15

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
Ok, I googled my problem and I have the exact same problem. Have you found a solution? I'm running Windows 8 and a Geforce 670. Only in Chivalry does my PC just power down completely. I thought temps also, so I cranked the Uniengine benchmark and looped it hours with no problems whatsoever. At least I know I'm not going crazy over here.

exarkun15

Honorable
Dec 13, 2012
I don't understand it either. I've got a thread going on the official Chivalry forums, but no one really seems to believe that it isn't a hardware problem even though it only occurs during that one game. I just resorted to not playing it even though my friends are. Haven't had a single problem since I stopped playing it.