Dell Inspiron 1545 screen not working after minor fix

davidom2513

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
Hi,

I have Dell Inspiron 1545. A screw came out connecting the screen holder to the hinge on one side, and the screen holder was out of place. So I put the screen holder back into place and screwed it back in. I then pushed the screen back and forth to see if it was moving ok.

I plugged the laptop back in and turned it on, however the screen does not work. So I screwed out the screen holder completely to see if there were any wires or anything damaged, but it seems fine.

I tried connecting from the laptop to a tv using a vga cable, but there is no picture from that either.

Does anybody have any idea what could have happened? I'm completely stumped, it doesn't make any sense.

When I press the power button, I can hear the fans, the hard disk, and the disk drive, but then there is no picture, so I don't know if its booting properly or anything.

Any help would be appreciated,
David

davidom2513

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2011
My brother also has an Inspiron 1545, so I tried connecting his laptop to the tv through vga, and after it booted the picture was displayed on the screen. So my laptop must not be booting if it is not displaying on the tv. I then switched the hard drives between the two laptops, and my hard drive booted fine in his laptop, so it is not my hard drive preventing the laptop from booting.

Would my laptop be prevented from booting because it can't find the laptop screen?

I need my laptop for college starting Wednesday, so I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
David