Network adapter slow to load

hansmathews

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Hello,
My network adapter is really slow to load in Win 7. I recently installed an SSD. Prior to the SSD, I had migrated all of the user folders to a second drive (correctly using the move command) and everything was working fine. I simply cloned my c-drive to the ssd. Now I notice two issues. 1. My network adapter is really slow to load. Windows boots in a blink, but the blue circle on the network adapter takes nearly a minute to clear and nothing can be launched until it does. Second, Windows keeps trying and failing to install an office update. That means on every shutdown I go through the wait. I am not getting any errors, but I have checked to see which update is installing and it is the same one every time.

Any ideas?

Spec wise: I am hardwired to the router, an older Linksys G with Wireless.

Running Win7 64 Bit on a Gigabyte X58A-UD7 with I7-920. 3 X 4 Memory (12GB total).

hansmathews

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I did figure this out and I suppose it did have to do with move. The slow network connection loading had to dow with the local network I setup between the two machines in the our house. It seems moving the shared files to the new drive letter created a problem in locating the share. Killing the local network solved the problem. I haven't re-set it up yet, but will later.

Yes, I moved all of my data from the C drive as a spinner to a second drive. Once it was paired down to just Windows and a programs I cloned the C drive. All that is working fine. In fact, I have to say that the process was far easier than I had expected. In researching on line I was prepared for the worst.

The whole secret is that windows will let you "move" folders. See this link http://headstrongfarm.hubpages.com/hub/Windows-7_-_Moving_My_Documents

The only thing that didn't "just work" was moving the PST for outlook. I had to create a new one to get it going again.

H