i7-3770k
asrock extreme4 z77
8 gb ram(g.skill)
ssd 120 for o.s
1tb for stroage
cooler master silent pro gold 700w
nvidia quadro 600

my ques
i want add another graphic card for playing games(gts550ti/460/560.......any other in nvidia
card UNDER 200$)....NOW CAN HAVE IT and plz note quadro 600 DONOT SUPPORTS SLI..like one card for playing games and another for rendering in my pc ??
without any problem...like diver related , power,...any other.

can any one tell best nvidia card for gaming under 200$ ......and that work with quadro 600 without SLI

what are the point to kept in consideration like
1. ram can be more than 1 gb ( quadro 600 )
2. frame/rate
3. open GL
4. POWER

sorry if my ques is silly

plz any one reply with a solution .

Solution
Since you want it to work together with Quadro, you'll have to buy an Nvidia card. For price point of $200, I recommend waiting 1.5 week for the 650 to be released. It will be in your price range and will be faster than anything you can get today for that price.

It should also have DisplayPort output, so you will be able to keep your quadro connected via DVI, connect the new gaming card through DisplayPort, and when you want to switch between them, you'll just have to press "Source" button on your monitor.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Well...I don't really remember if Quaddro supports PhysX-dedication mode, but...just make it a PhysX-dedicated card (at least try it?), while using another video card for other tasks, this way you could use both of them at the same time, without worrying about SLI, because you don't need to have your cards in SLI to run PhysX.

One card would work for PhysX (Quaddro), while second one would do everything else. That way you can play video games, while using your Quaddro too, and without any SLI.
Try it, I think it should work just fine.

P.S. Could someone confirm if Quaddro supports PhysX and could be used as PhysX-dedicated GPU? Personally, I never tried to do it on those, even though I owned them before.

rocker_90

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
no i can not i m very happy with quadro 600 performance for rendering(3d/cad/3d max/google sketchup).....but it donot work for the gaming
so plz tell can i have another card for playing the games(plz donot change the game)

^

Quadro 600 will be faster for professional apps.

As for OP: it will work. Just buy a new card, insert it to your PC, and boot up/install drivers for it.

And when you want to use that card, power computer down, insert monitor cable to that card and turn the PC on back. That's it.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

You don't need any additional "software" for that, really. Only GPUs themselves and, obviously, latest drivers installed.

Go to your Nvidia control panel, it should look something like this:

123ed6318fdb915948ff3e45fb2ccee0.png

See the "Set PhysX configuration" option? Click that, and see what options are there. If there are no Quaddro in the list of modes (only CPU), then your Quaddro doesn't support PhysX.

rocker_90

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

do i need uninstall the quadro driver every-time before ...............before installing the new card's drive?????

as an option its...ok......but if there is any other way (change the monitor cable everytime for play games :whistle: .......there must any otherway)

rocker_90

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

ok let me try.

No you don't. Just switch the cable.

It's possible to do without switching cable only if your monitor has more than 1 input. Since you didn't say its model, I cannot tell you if you can do that.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012

Too bad, man. :(
There's really not much else that I can recommend you with in this case. Quaddro is very specific video card, and I'm actually not surprised that it doesn't support it.
Maybe top models have support of AGEIA, but I highly doubt it now...though, I never had the very top model of Quaddro on my hands, so I wouldn't know...I just assume.

Well..at least I tried to help. :sol:

OH YEAH? [strike]Tell me moar[/strike] Bite me.

rocker_90

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

i m even ready to change my monitor......right now i have Dell UltraSharp U2312HM

rocker_90

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

no problem man....thanx alot for your try and i very much appreciate your efforts :)

rocker_90

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
can any one tell best nvidia card for gaming under 200$ ......and that work with quadro 600 without SLI

what are the point to kept in consideration like
1. ram can be more than 1 gb ( quadro 600 )
2. frame/rate
3. open GL
4. POWER

Since you want it to work together with Quadro, you'll have to buy an Nvidia card. For price point of $200, I recommend waiting 1.5 week for the 650 to be released. It will be in your price range and will be faster than anything you can get today for that price.

It should also have DisplayPort output, so you will be able to keep your quadro connected via DVI, connect the new gaming card through DisplayPort, and when you want to switch between them, you'll just have to press "Source" button on your monitor.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.