I have a lot of questions pending so I will put them all here instead of opening up more than one thread seeing that they are all related to the same topic/ category.
First up, ViDock it is an external graphics card chassis for laptops with an available mPCIe port/slot. I am aware that my laptop has an available mPCIe slot/port for a (I think it is) a wwan/TV tuner card. So here is my questions:
1) What is the bandwidth of this port/slot
2) Is there any more port/slot I can utilize with the ViDock device.
3) Would the two devices (laptop and ViDock work with each other).
4) Is there any special instruction needed for this setup.
5) If it can work how much will the slot/port bottleneck the power of the graphics card (GTX 560 I want to go with).
I am aware that there is a number of persons that has undergone with a project of this magnitude (with use of the GTX 460) and some has had this exact setup but they declined to reply to my question on the setup.
My Laptop Specifications:
Processor -> Intel core i7-2670QM CPU @2.2 GHz Turbo Boost to 3.1 GHz
RAM ->8 GB of DDR3 arranged in two banks
Graphics -> NVIDIA GeForce gt540m (with 2 GB of DDR3 Memory)
I know an external display is need and the power supplied to the graphics is the right amount.
Don't be afraid to get technical, but not to technical .
Thanks for your help guys.
1) No idea.
2) I don't think so.
3) It should.
4) You'll need another monitor, vidock and a graphics card. Connect ViDock to the laptop, then insert the card to the vidock and connect the monitor to the vidock.
5) No idea, sorry.