I really need big help!

crazygabe

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hello, I'm new to the TH forums.I came here to get help.I have a very bad problem with my graphics card.

So, 1 week ago i updated my graphics card drivers with the latest BETA 306.02...I've heard that the new drivers improve your FPS by 2-3 in a lot of games so that's why I updated in the first place.

After playing 5 minutes on a server, the screen goes black and there is still the background sound(the one that is integrated in the map) for 10 seconds then silence...

I've contacted EA 6 times and got like 20 solutions which didn't work + I have every driver updated and a EA employee checked my dxdiag and it's OK.

The strange thing is that this happens exactly after 5 minutes.For example, the game ends after 3 minutes I join the server, then there's the intermission(where i never get errors) and the game starts again.After exactly 2 minutes the game goes blackscreen.

I didn't know what problem I had until I pressed CTRL+ALT+DEL and terminated the game.I saw that Kernel Driver 306.02 crashed and has recovered from a serious exception.

So, things I've done:
Used drivesweeper ,then reinstalled GPU drivers to 301.42
Reinstalled CPU/BIOS/Audio drivers
Used repair install by Origin to BF3
Used patch made by EA just for me
Run games as Admin with compatibility to XP or Vista
Run some CMD things that EA support told me to run
Added Origin,BF3 to exception list on my AntiVirus
Reinstalled PunkBuster Svc
Underclocked graphics card
Ran Dxdiag and a Professional EA Employee told me that I had no problems

and ...........

reinstalled Win7

I'm 100% sure that there is nothing wrong with my graphics card.

My specs:

i7 2860QM
16,0 GB RAM
750 GB SSHybrid
nVidia GT 555m

Btw, if anyone is wondering, the GT555m runs with no problems BF3 on high/ultra 1080p

crazygabe

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
CPU-79 (below average)
GPU-68

No, just in BF3 and it affects only multiplayer; don't tell me to modify my router or anything because I already done that to make sure there is nothing wrong with my internet.(with the help of EA support)

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I don't think that your issue is hardware related then.....

Unfortunately I cant tell you much more than that....someone else may be able to, but I think the problem lies with EA themselves....

They have a pretty bad track record with servers especially in sports titles....Not too sure about all the issues with BF3, but im fairly confident that the problem is server side.... Possibly Punkbuster not liking your hardware changes? not sure..

Probably not what you want to hear but it doesnt sound like anythings wroing with your hardware

79°C with CPU? Oh man that's definitely overheating. I suppose that's when you're playing? If it rises more, you experience thermal throttling. When was the last time you cleaned dust?

Also, turn on hardware monitor, wait for it to crash and then check maximum temperatures.

crazygabe

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
79 is very ultra low for my CPU, most of the people with my CPU get 89 ingame, whereas i get 79.Last time I cleaned out dust was yesterday, but my M14x doesn't really get dusty.

Not to mention that overheating is not the issue at all, because it should have crashed earlier.

Well at least they gave me a 25% of everything cupon.....

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
I just googled "BF3 server black screen", and its a seriously common issue, never seen it before myself, but many others have apparently

Most of the people seem to be getting this because of bad updates.... one was quite recently dating the 4th of this month causing this issue for alot of people.

Google it yourself think it was the 2nd or 3rd page down, sorry viewed it when I made my original post so don't have the link.

crazygabe

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
When the game crashes there is a temp error (temp goes to 0 C).So CPU gets from 78 to 54 and GPU from 72 C(OC) or 68 C(non-OC) to 46 C.

I used the patches that should have fixed the blackscreen issue, but then I realised that I didn't have the same problem as the other people.They got a blackscreen when they entered the game, I got 1 randomly or after 5 minutes.

EA said that they will email me to solve this issue.

Could you tell me if there may have been some programs that interfered with BF3?Or give me some hotfixes.I'd really appreciate that.

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Again not too sure but after a quick search on google, it appears to be a common issue related to a patch release and incompatability with Nvidia drivers....

Are you still using the beta drivers?

crazygabe

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
I used them, removed via drivesweeper in SafeMode, clean installed WHQL 301.42.I don't understand, I've had my laptop for a year and had no problems.I also made sure everything is placed alright in the laptop.

paddys09

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2011
Yea im sure this is very frustrating, but I wouldnt blame yourself or the laptop. It still seems that EA is at fault in some way....

The only other thing I can think of is that mayber EA server doesnt like how your ISP handles networking... but i doubt it, because it was working before...

Are you able to patch up until the point it decided to fail?

crazygabe

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
It seems that now I have solved my problem.I can play the game with no problems.But the game crashes after a while if I OC.I don't really understand why(works flawlessly on all other games) this happens because my temps are OK,my card is OK and I also overclocked to the safe limit.

I need OC in order to play on ULTRA at 1080p...well i guess I have to lower some settings.