Asus HD7770 or PowerColor HD6850

Asus HD7770 DC 1gb ddr5 128bit http://pcx.com.ph/asus-hd7770-dc-1gb-ddr5-128bit.html $154

or

PowerColor HD6850 1gb ddr5 http://pcx.com.ph/powercolor-hd6850-1gb-ddr5.html $150


Help me to choose, and explain why..
30 answers Last reply
More about asus hd7770 powercolor hd6850
  1. whats ur spec and what res do u game at may i ask
  2. The 6850 b4ecause it has a 256-bit wide data path.
  3. skitz9417 said:
    whats ur spec and what res do u game at may i ask

    I hope to play High settings I'm happy if all high in 1366x768 resolution..

    Specs..
    Mobo: Biostar A880GZ 880G/Vpcie/S/L/d3 http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=555&tab=1
    CPU: Phenom ii x4 965 BE @ stock speed
    PSU: 500w, Cougar ST 500 http://www.wiredsystems.com/store/ [...] iency.html
  4. would go with the hd 6850 aswell
  5. abekl said:
    The 6850 b4ecause it has a 256-bit wide data path.


    I expected it, yes it is faster. But I've read a lot of bad feedback from customers at newegg who buy PowerColor 6850.
    To tell you honestly that the reason why i post it here.

    I want a product that can last longer.
  6. Go for the Sapphire 6850. It's what I have, and it's been flawless for about a year.
  7. The price of Asus HD7770 is higher than PowerColor HD6850, i don't know which one will best to buy..
    Yeah I like the HD6850 I research it is faster than 7770 but the sad thing is a lot of bad comments about PowerColor,
    PowerColor is the only available HD6850 here in my place..
  8. There's nothing wrong with powercolor as a brand.
  9. The Cheaper one. Why? Because either one @ a resolution so low like 1366x768 there will be absolutely zero discernible difference between them.
  10. Powercolor cards do tend to be made with the cheapest possible components. That being said I have a Powercolor Radeon HD 4870 1GB and it is still kicking away mining bitcoins 24/7 under full load.

    So with Powercolor it is pretty much hit and miss.

    That being said a Radeon HD 6850 is a much better card than a Radeon HD 7770.
  11. if the resolution just 1366*768, it's like no diff between them.. 7series gpu are equiped with pci 3.0.. for me, i'll go for it..
  12. Yeah, the 6850 is certainly the better card.
  13. What about Zotac GTX550 ti , little bit cheaper compare to 6850 and 7770..
  14. dont go with the gtx 550ti its crap
  15. Really don't know what card i should go with my 965BE.. :pt1cable:
    Anyway I still have 1 day to think before I buy my GPU, that's why I'm still hunting which card is good and honestly speaking this is my first pc built I'm excited.. :lol:
  16. My list is optional, so if anyone can recommend a better GPU with a cheap price much better..
    I will be very very happy to run latest and upcoming games in high settings with a resolution of 1366x768.. :)
    Because my last gaming cpu for almost 4years is AMD single core I forgot the version and my resolution is always 1024x768..(by the way my single core is still kicking but the sad thing can't run latest games).. :lol:
  17. azure_01 said:
    if the resolution just 1366*768, it's like no diff between them.. 7series gpu are equiped with pci 3.0.. for me, i'll go for it..

    PCI 3.0= completely irrelevant.

    Quote:
    febfive said:
    What about Zotac GTX550 ti , little bit cheaper compare to 6850 and 7770..



    550 TI performs slightly behind 7770 and 6850, but what I said holds true, at such a low resolution it doesn't matter.

    The 550 TI is not "complete crap", again, especially at such a low resolution, too many people not putting on their thinking caps in this thread. :pt1cable:
  18. Quote:
    PCI 3.0= completely irrelevant.

    Quote:



    550 TI performs slightly behind 7770 and 6850, but what I said holds true, at such a low resolution it doesn't matter.

    The 550 TI is not "complete crap", again, especially at such a low resolution, too many people not putting on their thinking caps in this thread. :pt1cable:

    Zotac 550 ti is one of my target , I've read good feedback's about it.. :)
  19. febfive said:
    Zotac 550 ti is one of my target , I've read good feedback's about it.. :)


    HD 6770 is better than gtx550ti and HD 6850 is better than HD6770. So think yourself before buying. 6850 will do more good if you upgrade to a new monitor someday.
  20. febfive said:
    Zotac 550 ti is one of my target , I've read good feedback's about it.. :)

    Are you talking about the 550 TI Amp Edition? Thats the one I have. If its that one, I'd get that one.

    http://pcx.com.ph/zotac-gtx550-ti-oc-1gb-ddr5-192bit.html

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_550_Ti_Amp_Edition/6.html

    As far as the 6770 being better than it.. Benchmarks or BS. :heink:
  21. nekulturny said:
    Are you talking about the 550 TI Amp Edition? Thats the one I have. If its that one, I'd get that one.

    http://pcx.com.ph/zotac-gtx550-ti-oc-1gb-ddr5-192bit.html

    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_550_Ti_Amp_Edition/6.html

    As far as the 6770 being better than it.. Benchmarks or BS. :heink:

    Not the AMP edition.. anyway what are the difference between them?
  22. The AMP Edition is overclocked by the factory, which means it will perform a little better than the standard 550 TI.
  23. 6770 gives better fps in most game than 550ti. Also good price and less power consumption than 550ti.
  24. mubin said:
    6770 gives better fps in most game than 550ti. Also good price and less power consumption than 550ti.

    And you have benchmarks to back this up correct?

    Power consumption is very similar. Yes, the AMP! edition will use more power, but we're talking 20-30 watts difference max, which is not even a single light bulb.

    http://www.hwcompare.com/9712/geforce-gtx-550-ti-vs-radeon-hd-6770/

    And yes, I know hwcompare sucks for comparing video cards performance, its the power consumption data I linked to it for.
  25. See the toms benchmark.

    They are almost similar in game performance. But 6770 will give little more in some game.
  26. I don't really have time to look around a lot. have to head off to work.. I found this, but its comparing a 5770 to a reference 550 TI.. The benches at quick glance go slightly in favor of the ref. 550 TI.. Which means the 6770.. may or may not have a slight edge on the 550 TI, which would in theory be smoothed out with an AMP edition, Zotac pushed the 550 TI pretty far with their factory OC.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-550-ti-gf116-radeon-hd-5770,2892-6.html

    If you have a direct comparison to the 6770 I'll look at it, even so, we're talking about a pretty low resolution. It really doesn't matter a whole lot. My ex had a GTX 460 1GB w/ i5-2300, which performs slightly better than 550 TIs, there was no discernible difference to either of us between our two computers in gaming.

    Even so, for the record, I don't want to give off the impression I'm zealously defending the 550 TI, when I first bought it the only game I really played was Runescape, and occasionally dabbled in first person shooters. Now I've gotten more into the latter, and completely quit the former, my 550 TI handles 1280x1024 resolution just fine, but that no longer meets my standards of gaming performance, I'll be replacing my 550 TI in a couple weeks to move into the 1080p world.
  27. I dont have a direct comparison. I just follow toms benchmark and buy a 6770 instead of 550ti, not for performance but for price. That time 550ti was too much costly than 6770 at similar performance. Now 550ti comes to standard price.

    I am not saying 550ti is bad. Its almost same to 6770 but 6770 will do little better as the benchmark say.

    The sad thing is i cant benchmark myself as there is a huge bottleneck in my system by my cpu. Only game i can tell you about is Civ5 where i get avg. 35-40fps with 4xAA where 550ti gets 35 without AA. Its from nvidia OPS. But that dosent prove anything by judging one game.
  28. Quote:
    PCI 3.0= completely irrelevant.

    Quote:



    550 TI performs slightly behind 7770 and 6850, but what I said holds true, at such a low resolution it doesn't matter.

    The 550 TI is not "complete crap", again, especially at such a low resolution, too many people not putting on their thinking caps in this thread. :pt1cable:


    The render back end matters (ROPs) if you're going to be using AA and the Texture Unit count matters if you're going to be maxing out AF.

    Radeon HD 6850:

    * 960 Stream Processors
    * 48 Texture Units
    * 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units
    * 32 Color ROP Units


    Radeon HD 7770:

    * 640 Stream Processors
    * 40 Texture Units
    * 64 Z/Stencil ROP Units
    * 16 Color ROP Units

    I'd definitely go for the Radeon HD 6850... you get free AA at those resolutions. Due to the clock speed discrepancy (775MHz vs. 1000MHz) the Radeon HD 7770 is actually better at Texturing).
  29. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Graphics & Displays by Proximon
  30. 6850 is better. PowerColor is not the best of cards. If you buy an AMD based card again, look for Sapphire ,MSI or ASUS. If you buy Nvidia, look for EVGA or MSI. powercolor is noisy fan not all solid caps and its hotter compare to sapphire & asus they had better cooling solution all solid caps .
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus PowerColor Graphics