Sign in with
Your question

Start8 for Windows 8

Last response: in Windows 8
January 31, 2013 4:38:53 PM

Hey guys,

Just got a free Windows 8 key from my university and still making a decision whether to upgrade my laptop from Windows 7 to 8. I came across this program, Start8, and thought it would be a good way to keep the feel of Windows 7 and avoid any uncomfortableness with the new Metro UI.

I read some reviews of the program, but they didn't go super in depth. Do any of you guys have experience with this program. Does it effectively make Windows 8 feel like Windows 7? Can it easily be toggled on and off? Does it cause any unexpected issues (slow down, crashes, etc.) Is an upgrade even worth my time?

Thanks in advance.

More about : start8 windows

January 31, 2013 5:09:57 PM

very effective startbutton tool... works exactly like the start button in W7. I got it the day after my upgrade to W8 and never looked back. Ans yes, you can turn it off by shutting it down. I would make the upgrade if you get it for free... start8 only costs you $5 dollars and you can try it a month for free before paying (with a discount)
m
l
Related resources
a b * Windows 8
January 31, 2013 6:57:16 PM

What type of laptop is it
m
l
February 1, 2013 5:07:19 PM

hp dv6z-7000. I already downloaded the Windows 8 drivers from HP, so I should be ready to upgrade soon.
m
l
!