Choosing My Motherboard.

DeathrockKid

Honorable
Oct 31, 2012
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128555

vs

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157303&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card
Power Supply: Rosewill Stallion 500W ATX12V Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

This is what I am looking to run in my kinda budget gaming rig. My first time building a computer so I have millions of questions and I am stuck between these 2 boards. I'm not looking to overclock anything. Though the video card listed here is overclocked I dont think that matters on any of these boards. And I'm thinking I'll just get the non OC version. Let me know what you think.

But here is why I cant decide.

I hear H77 is just better in general for gamers but I dont know why. The other is a B75.
The H77 only has 2 ram slots I dont know if I should care? The B75 has 4.
B75 supports more ram but I hear for gaming 8 is perfect.
The B75 I chose also has like a deal with it and its about 10 dollars more.
I basically want to know for my gaming needs does the H77 really make a huge difference? Or will the B75 cut it?

What would you guys personally choose? I dont want to overclock or anything and I think these specs are good enough for the games I want to play. Thanks.

Well, the boards aren't very different. B75 is basically a professional oriented mobo it has parallel port, serial port, TPM header, and a "weaker" sound chip. Basically, it offers features that a typical consumer wouldn't need.

H77 is a fine board, you're absolutely correct that for gaming you won't need more than 8gb ram. It also has a couple more Sata ports and USB ports, which helps out with general connectivity of peripheral devices. Plus, it's cheaper than B75, so there should really be no reason for you to even consider the B75 board.

I'm not sure what deal you're referring to...

what case are you putting this into? in some cases, micro size boards are more expensive than full size.