Sign in with
Your question

Accessory Display with NVIDIA Surround on 2 X GTX 690s

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 8, 2012 10:21:19 PM

Hello,
I am attempting to setup 4 identical ASUS monitors to 2 ASUS GeForce GTX 690 graphics cards (using Sabertooth Z77 MBoard).
I can successfully setup the 3 monitors in surround using 2 DVI connectors on 1 card, and 1 DVI connector on the other card, the NVIDIA control panel also shows the 4th monitor which I want as my accessory display but I do not know how to set it up.
Can anwyone help?
In Surround, I have my 3 monitors extended accross the desktop (Win 7 64bit) but how does the 4th monitor "get accessed" which is blank.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
September 8, 2012 10:27:00 PM

Sorry forgot to mention, currently running in QUAD SLI.
a b C Monitor
September 8, 2012 10:42:00 PM

?? So what coonection is the 4th monitor using? You can only have 3 monitors as surround, so use a dp or hdmi for the 4th monitor!
Related resources
September 9, 2012 1:35:02 AM

The 4th monitor is connected via DVI, and can be seen in the NVIDIA control panel, but as you can only have 3 monitors in surround, how or what should be on the 4th monitor? The Windows desktop only has the 3 in surround.
September 11, 2012 2:02:39 PM

Not sure if anyone had any ideas but I never got this to work. NVIDIA not responding and ASUS Customer support does not have the level of technical expertise in this area.

Just to recap - I have 3 monitors setup in surround, the 4th accessory monitor connected, can see it green - active in the NVIDIA control panel, all 4 monitors active, the Windows desktop spans the 3 monitors in surround - so now what? How do I or can use the 4th monitor? If I can't drag a window into it I just don't uinderstand....
September 18, 2012 2:12:22 PM

redeemer said:
?? So what coonection is the 4th monitor using? You can only have 3 monitors as surround, so use a dp or hdmi for the 4th monitor!

Hi Redeemer, just thought I'd post on here in case anyone else needed to do this, NVIDIA got back to me, the 4th monitor has to be connected via the mini display port to the card where 2 monitors are plugged in for surround (via DVI's) then it works. So my final setup was 3 monitors in surround + the accessory display on the 4th monitor plugged in via the mini display port.
!