New 7850 black screen

adam3128

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

PS: thought it was worth mentioning i also bought a brand new 730w bequiet! psu. So i would think i have plenty of power? and its a good brand?

adam3128

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hi there,

I've recently bought a Powercolour 7850 graphics card and cant seem to get it working. When i first plugged it in i got several coloured lines, freezes and glitch looking things. I updated the drivers and still the same thing would happen with lots of restarts. I have even deleted all the drivers and tried again.

I then tried it in my GFs PC and it booted first time, installed the drivers and works great. So i plugged it back in my machine and now it will boot but nothing appears. Just a black screen. I can even type my password in at the login screen and hear it boot!

Im stumped, i've tried reseating my memory, graphics card, cpu, cpu fan. Oh ye and my old graphics card and my GFs current graphics card both work fine in my PC. Any ideas?

Many thanks

Dainius56

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Hope you dont mind if I piggyback your thread and see if you can update on your problem if fixed. I recently installed the exact same video card just Visiontek brand. I am having the exact sae problems as you. I'm running:

FX-4100 OC'ed to 4.4 stable for awhile
Visiontek 7850 2g
8GB ddr3
Windows 7 64 bit
ASUS Extreme 3 mobo

I have today done a fresh install of windows, changed the cable to monitor, ran check disk. Nothing. Same problem persists. When it does boot games run great. Usually after a couple hard resets it will oot but is a pain in the rear. Any suggestions?