Laptop OS on a desktop

scoobysnkk

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
I just built my first pc and used my laptops hard drive, how do I remove all of the laptop drivers and software so it isnt asking about my trackpad, etc. If there was a guide that I missed can you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance, I'm really eager to start using it!

Solution
No it will not, it will install the drivers for components on your desktop motherboard that were not on your laptop. To remove crap 1) uninstall properly from the control panel, or 2) reinstall. Only guaranteed option is a fresh install, but from you comments do #1 and count yourself luck it's running, and know why the future problems are occuring.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
If you got the desktop to boot, use the motherboard cd to install all the needed drivers (not crapware) then get the update from their website. If no motherboard cd, just go to it's website and manually install the appropriate drivers. I make no asssumption as to what OS or license you bear, but it is a messy way of doing it and don't be surprised if you find problems down the road.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
No it will not, it will install the drivers for components on your desktop motherboard that were not on your laptop. To remove crap 1) uninstall properly from the control panel, or 2) reinstall. Only guaranteed option is a fresh install, but from you comments do #1 and count yourself luck it's running, and know why the future problems are occuring.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS