Internet Is Soo Slow

Why is my internet 5Mb upload and download when it's suppost to be 5Mb upload and 50Mb download?
It's like the farther away a computer is from the router the slower the connection is. The only idea I have is that there are 2 repeaters.
5 answers Last reply
More about internet slow
  1. Contact your ISP.
    It may just be whatever you are downloading is slow on its end.

Wired or WiFi connection?
  2. manofchalk said:
    Contact your ISP.
    It may just be whatever you are downloading is slow on its end.

Wired or WiFi connection?

Wifi, directly to the router I get the full connection.
  3. melikepie said:
    Wifi, directly to the router I get the full connection.

I personally prefer wired internet using Cat5e or Cat6 cable, check which one your router supports. If it's a desktop, just use wired because it's inexpensive and you get much faster speeds. Also, what did your ISP promise for download and upload? Also, downloading a large file slows it down, and if someone else is gaming or using bandwith, it also slows down the internet. If you're using a laptop, honestly, just build a workstation and connect a cable to it.

I hope this helps :)
  4. With wireless the further from the source the worse the signal , and the worse the signal the slower thecconnection.
  5. I have a repeater halfway between my pc and the router, and im better off connecting directly to the router at 2 bars then connecting to the repeater at 5..

I also have QoS setup in the router so the traffic on my desktop is prioritized over all the other devices in the house... teeheehee
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Download Internet Systems