My graphics card are not spinning!!!!!!!

aifhlafs

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
I'm building my own PC for the first time , so there might be a problem.I connected all parts and everything is working except for the graphics card . its fan is not spinning and is not showing any signs :fou: :na: :pfff: .How can I find out if it is working , or what the problem is ?

Solution
Have you tried connecting the monitor to your motherboard? You do not need a dedicated GPU if you can use the on-board grpahics.

This would allow you to get into the BIOS and poke around and change settings accordingly. You could also get into Windows access the Nvidia control panel, MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision, the Windows control panel, etc which may provide you with some answers.

Make sure you have all the correct drivers, all your PSU connections are nice and tight, and that your GPU is inserted firmly in the best PCI-E slot. If you have multiple slots then try a different one.

msi guy

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
hi there i have a quicky i have 2 msi gtx 660 ti`s when i bridge them i get a black screen then i get the bsod but heres the funny thing when i reboot and get into safe mode. its says that the card in pcie slot is not working. so then i rearange the cards remove the bridge reboot all is good then i try again with the bridge and again i get the same. but its funny that the problem is in the same slot but different card. any help plz thx msi guy

locomoco321

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2012

If you have a problem, don't use another person's thread to ask. We help out people more efficiently if there are threads for individual problems, as we need to know more about their system. Here we are trying to resolve another issue, and this is not the place to ask for help. If you need help, start a question thread.

skitz9417

Distinguished

whats ur psu

fizzle22

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012

No need to hijack this thread with your own, unrelated problems/questions.

To the OP, how is your monitor connected?

fizzle22

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Have you tried connecting the monitor to your motherboard? You do not need a dedicated GPU if you can use the on-board grpahics.

This would allow you to get into the BIOS and poke around and change settings accordingly. You could also get into Windows access the Nvidia control panel, MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision, the Windows control panel, etc which may provide you with some answers.

Make sure you have all the correct drivers, all your PSU connections are nice and tight, and that your GPU is inserted firmly in the best PCI-E slot. If you have multiple slots then try a different one.

Solution