Screen Tearing (scrolling and video recording)

smileyface97

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
Hey folks,
I've been having this issue for a bit of time now and can't for the life of me get a solution. I seem to be getting screen tearing during two occurrences. The first of which is while scrolling through documents or online. The other and the one that is slightly more of a pain, is the one to causes video playback to tear. The main issue is not that it annoys me if I'm watching it, but that I do quite a bit of video editing and the tearing shows up in recorded video (as I use WM Capture to get video) and it is very noticeable.
My Graphics Card is an EVGA GTX 570 and my monitor is an Asus VE247.

Quick note the above are the only places I notice the tearing.

Any and all help would be wonderful, so thank you for replying and have a good day!

smileyface97

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

Thanks for the reply.
I've already done some checks on my GPU and it seems fine, plus it only ever seems to appear in these above situations. I believe my GPU is faster than my monitor and that's the issue.

smileyface97

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

Sorry for the delayed reply. Yes all drivers are up to date and I just checked again to be sure.
On a side, do you think it would be possible to slow down my gpu so as to sync it with my monitor, when using the above said programs or something of that sort?

drums101

Distinguished
no none that i can think of vsync is only for 3d apps...check your gpu clocks while you are doing those tasks.....i had an issue like this when i would clock my laptop gpu too low at idle (2d speeds)...maybe yours is doing that somehow.....it should clock down at idle but nothing too low.

smileyface97

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012

well this is sort of embarrassing, but how would I go about checking my clock speeds for my GPU, I can't seem to find them. and if they are going at wierd speeds how would I change that?

rdc85

Honorable
get GPU-Z there a monitoring function there.. (simple)

or msi afterburner.... (more complicated. it can be used for O.C. or D.C. )

edit: could u force v-sync to on all the time (some apps used GPU acceleration) ? u right about screen tearing because the the fps to high..