Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New gaming computer, is it good for its price?

Last response: in Systems
November 5, 2012 10:54:42 AM

Hello, i just got this gaming computer that i paid 750$ for, is it worth it?

Ram=Corsair 16gb 1600mhz
Video Card=560ti Gigabyte 448 core
HDD=Seagate 500GB
PSU=Corsair 750 Watts
Case =Corsair 300R
Cooler=Zalman
CPU=Vishera 6300 "6cores"
Graphic card: 560 ti gigabyte 448 cores
Hard drive=500gb
power supply=corsair 750 watts
Thanks in advance !
November 5, 2012 11:48:18 AM

No. You got ripped off. Everyone gets ripped off when they buy a prebuilt.

That pc is maybe around $450 - $500
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2012 3:06:45 PM

If you bought it new, its alright, but if you bought it used, no.
Related resources
a c 91 B Homebuilt system
a c 246 4 Gaming
November 5, 2012 3:34:36 PM

lchrisk said:
No. You got ripped off. Everyone gets ripped off when they buy a prebuilt.

That pc is maybe around $450 - $500

I agree, you should come here BEFORE purchasing, not after. Be prepared for at least 50 responses like this. :lol: 
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2012 3:46:01 PM

Well, for that price there should've been at least 1tb hdd. But if you from one of the countries where pc parts are expensive and with synthetic price increase then you're more or less fine.
November 5, 2012 4:07:54 PM

I love how people post that others get ripped off when buying a prebuilt when I don't see it at all that way.
That PC is worth at least 700 in components. Add 100 for the OS and you're good too go. Someone needs to back it up with numbers.
Case = 75
Ram = 76 if vengence, 65 if not
HDD = 68 if seagate pipeline
Zalman cooler = ZALMAN CNPS9500A-LED 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler = 45 bucks
FX 6300 = 140
PSU = 100 if enthusiast series, 150 if HX series(doubt that one)
gfx card = around 200 bucks maybe more since yours is out of stock on newegg

So there you have it, not random noobs telling you what it's worth but with actual prices of your components. Also, add in some money for a motherboard since you didn't list what you have.

I think you did quite nicely.

Vishera also hasn't been aroudn long enough for anything to really be used, so since I am assuming you got a new computer, I think it's a good deal.
November 5, 2012 7:02:22 PM

yialanliu said:
I love how people post that others get ripped off when buying a prebuilt when I don't see it at all that way.
That PC is worth at least 700 in components. Add 100 for the OS and you're good too go. Someone needs to back it up with numbers.
Case = 75
FX 6300 = 140

So there you have it, not random noobs telling you what it's worth but with actual prices of your components. Also, add in some money for a motherboard since you didn't list what you have.

Vishera also hasn't been aroudn long enough for anything to really be used, so since I am assuming you got a new computer, I think it's a good deal.

Thank you i was scared for a sec that i got screwed by 200$ XD i wouldn't have mind him getting 100$ of profit since HE builds everything, orders everything, pay for everything and he updates and installs everything. The thing runs skyrim at max settings at 78 fps ffs. thanks for your feed back :D 
November 5, 2012 8:09:05 PM

yialanliu said:
Case = 75
FX 6300 = 140

Don't know how you're the one to talk calling people random, when you haven't looked at yourself on this forum yet. :lol: 

Anyways, you ALWAYS get ripped off when buying a prebuilt. Unless it's like your best friend doing it for free, then that's different.
The guy might get discounted parts, but probably not. There is still cheap parts on new egg / ncix.
Probably also got him a cheap Seagate HDD.

Fx 6300 is actually $130. haha

So far you have gotten many wrong, so I wouldn't call anyone a noob, except yourself.

Found a 560ti for 134.99 after rebate.

Many of the parts are cheaper than you think.
November 5, 2012 10:57:31 PM

Link the 135 please.
Newegg shows it around 200

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

FX is 140 as shown: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Anyways, it is completely false that you get a better deal on individual components when you home build.

Looking at Dells and HP's financial statements, their profit margins on home PCs are <5% showing very little mark up. Considering that includes their large volume discounts, you typically don't lose money.

What you gain from home building is you get to buy exactly what you want for instance spend less on one part and then spending more on another. The flexibility doesn't make your parts cheaper, it just gives you more freedom, although you don't get a major discount without compromising somewhere.

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 5, 2012 11:17:59 PM

Quote:
What you gain from home building is you get to buy exactly what you want for instance spend less on one part and then spending more on another. The flexibility doesn't make your parts cheaper, it just gives you more freedom, although you don't get a major discount without compromising somewhere.

Isn't it more fun to build one yourself? Where's the feeling of accomplishment in going out in buying something already built for you. Buying something that doesnt take much more than a screwdriver to piece together?

Where's your own personal quality control? Your own customization and style? Your freedom to choose whatever parts you want in whatever configuration you want?

Where's the wonder to tinker? The wonder to explore a territory uncharted by trying something new? By taking a risk. Would you rather pay your way through the uncharted territory or go and see what's out there for yourself?

Its not a matter of saving money. Sure you can save money if you do this and that, and you can save even more if you go with this part over that one. Its the pride taken in piecing together a machine that can serve you for many years; every time you turn it on, you feel the pride coming from building the piece of equipment yourself.

Heck, my first build was super fun, but I also just completely picked out random parts and did not know what I was doing. That's how I ended up with a AM2+ motherboard with a AMD 965BE and a Radeon HD6950, all powered by a crappy Ultra power supply in a really lame case. But it was fun, and to see it power on for the first time was the best feeling I had ever had.

EDIT: To the OP, you got your build at a fair price.
November 6, 2012 2:03:24 AM

yialanliu said:
Link the 135 please.
Newegg shows it around 200

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

FX is 140 as shown: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

Anyways, it is completely false that you get a better deal on individual components when you home build.

Looking at Dells and HP's financial statements, their profit margins on home PCs are <5% showing very little mark up. Considering that includes their large volume discounts, you typically don't lose money.

If you were smart enough to figure out, I did not look at newegg for the links. http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=68454&vpn=N560GTX%2DTi...

Not the one I found earlier, but it's very cheap. Less than $100 bud.

What about FX for $140? http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=76934&vpn=FD6300WMHKBO...

Sorry sir, new egg is not the only place to shop.

And yes. You do get a big deal on building a pc. The higher price margin you go up on, the more you save. Common sense, stop trying to defend prebuilts. Haven't seen that in a while.
November 6, 2012 2:33:00 AM

The bigger problem is the obsolete GPU, the 7850 or 7870 would have been a much better choice. As for AMD, meh. It will do the job. Just.
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
November 6, 2012 3:57:27 AM

The new 6300 and 4300 are pretty darn good. I think they'll rank with Intel once again or at least get close with these two.
November 6, 2012 12:37:39 PM

lchrisk said:
If you were smart enough to figure out, I did not look at newegg for the links. http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=68454&vpn=N560GTX%2DTi...

Not the one I found earlier, but it's very cheap. Less than $100 bud.

I have no problem with other sites. I do have a problem with people linking inferior as in different parts.
His is the 560ti 448 cores. You linked a 384 cores.
Not only is the core count different, yours have a 256 bit interface while the 448 cores also have a 320 bit interface.

@Deemo, you are completely correct, those are very valid reasons. I just wanted to dispel other people's notion that 450 dollars for the build cost however is erroneous.
November 6, 2012 3:44:46 PM

yialanliu said:
I have no problem with other sites. I do have a problem with people linking inferior as in different parts.
His is the 560ti 448 cores. You linked a 384 cores.
Not only is the core count different, yours have a 256 bit interface while the 448 cores also have a 320 bit interface.

@Deemo, you are completely correct, those are very valid reasons. I just wanted to dispel other people's notion that 450 dollars for the build cost however is erroneous.

Hence why I said I found one for $100. I did not lie, it was just a cheaper one with less performance XD

But still, you were incorrect about the other parts still.
November 6, 2012 7:25:23 PM

Best answer selected by samhubert.
!