Hibernation in Win7: all goes well but cpu does not shut off

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauF

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
My system is performing a very strange act these days: I press the "hibernate" button and the OS starts its process, I can even see the HD light flash (writting the hiberfil.sys file, I guess) bue the CPU won't turn off, hence the process does not complete.

I have used "powercfg -energy" in the command line and several errores come from "The USB device did not enter the Suspend state. Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use.", but I really don't know what else to do.

To be honest, I used the ATI softfmod on my video card, but I have restored everything to its original state.

Any ideas, please? Thank you.

Solution
Would suggest checking the Power Configuration under the Windows tab and check the CPU minimum power State. Also check in the BIOS to see what power saving option has been chosen for the Processor. And what are the power saving states there.
Would suggest checking the Power Configuration under the Windows tab and check the CPU minimum power State. Also check in the BIOS to see what power saving option has been chosen for the Processor. And what are the power saving states there.

Solution

MauF

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
thanx for your input, alyoshka. i had checked the bios settings and even restored defaults, eventhough I have never changed them. i will try the same with windows power settings, a default one.

MauF

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010

plenty of space, more than 100GB, however I have 4GB ram and the hibernation system file is onle 2.4. I remember that this file is usually the same size as your RAM, am I wrong?

i have disabled hibernation, erased the file (or rather see it erase itself immediately) and then reset hibernation via command line, but still won't work.

MauF

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Nothing i had done before worked, and believe me, I've had my share of hibernation fix knowledge from winxp and vista. I installed a Win 7 hotfix and forgot about the issue until yesterday, when I forgot that hibernation was not working, I pressed the button and behold, my pc went into and woke up from hibernation as expected, so maybe that solved my problem, but I did so many things I could not be certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.