Upgrade graphics card?

woweee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
here are my specs: http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/inspd531/en/om/appendix.htm with 6150se nforce430

I want to get a graphics card for faster web surfing. aka faster video download and streaming nba league pass.
right now I have an integrated card. Can somebody tell me where my card is located? ex: on the cpu, motherboard et cetera
Next, do i need to remove it before I install the new card?

also is compatibility an issue? whats the chipset or memory controller all about?

I believe I have an intel motherboard, with amd processor, with integrated nvidia card......go figure.

here is my new psu: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=899123&csid=_61

also trying to find a quad core cpu for am2 socket if anybody knows...

The speed of web browsing and video streaming is not dictated by your graphics card, it is dictated by your internet connection speed. Contact your ISP and look at getting a faster connection if you want faster download speeds. Getting a better computer is not going to help you with this problem.

Your integrated graphics should be sufficient for video playback. If you are trying to play HD content, it may struggle though, in which case you may want to upgrade your GPU, and get a faster connection if HD content is streaming too slow for you.

You have a 300 Watt PSU, a basic card like a Radeon HD 5450, 6450, or Nvidia GT 520 will handle your needs, and run on your power supply if you need more GPU muscle for HD content.

There are no quad core CPUs compatible with your motherboard. If you feel you really need a quad core, you're looking at a new build.

There is nothing really that is going to make your computer all that much faster unless you are trying to watch like HD videos or whatever.

A simple card like the 5450 would do the job and most likely would not have compatibility issues. They're pretty cheap.

woweee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
touche. Yea I have Clear internet connect..up to 1.5mb/s..garbage...
i believe nba league pass has 720p resolution so I could get the new graphics card....

eh screw it, im running linux, and my computer is fast as is, especially since i got an ssd.

woweee

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
took me 4hrs to get both connected. (at one point i knocked the heatsink of kilter and both fans were 100% i was like wtf?)

msi hd 6450 comes with hdmi, vga, and dvi. I want to use the dvi...but it blows up my screen! any ideas?