Card Recomendation Please

pm8546

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Hi,
I am new to the site and look forward to learn more about building PC’s. I have started a new build and would like some recommendations on a new graphic card. My system that I have now is below..

ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Crucial 256 GB m4 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive (for OS and program software)
Western Digital Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM
Intel Core i7-3770 Quad-Core Processor 3.4 GHz 4 Core LGA 1155
Corsair 16 GB Vengeance Blue Low Profile 1600mhz PC3-12800 240-pin
Corsair Professional Series Gold 850-Watt 80 Plus Gold.

I will be using this PC for video editing with Adobe Premiere software and Adobe LR4 for photography.

Thanks for your help..

Solution

Great, then u're going to need the extra muscle on that 670 :)

redcode

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
I'm getting GTX 680, it's now officially supported by AE still not in premiere it should be in few weeks .. but it's Superior in exporting rendering and such.. since you haven't tell us you budget here are some good cards you can have..
GTX 560 Ti/570/580 or 660 Ti/670/680..
I would recommend 660 Ti since it's the same GPU from the 670 and have great performance for games and doing the video editing stuff.. though 680 is better if you're on 2 or 3 monitors ..

willyroc

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Get a low-end video card such as the 6670, which will be able to handle most games on low settings. If you're doing Adobe Premiere and LR4, then you will not need a high-end GPU. Actually, you won't even need a video card at all. This is because software encoding produces much better image quality than hardware encoding(i.e. Intel QuickSync and CUDA) for video-editing and producing. The most important part of your computer for your work is your CPU.

Well if Redcode is right about than Personally OP i would be all over that Asus 670 TOP for its high factory overclock, improved cooler,heavily modified PCB, with an efficient VRM design to produce low temperatures, improved voltage regulation circuitry, much better ChiL controller , specially binned chip and voltage control and monitoring support that you won't find on most other non-reference cards. It looks aggressive to me and indeed is quite a monster let's keep it on the real not only does out preform all other 670's it does it without even breaking a sweat.Those are some of the reasons you'll see it get a 10.0 rating at techpowerup, something no other card has ever attained. Source http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/ Quote: "Overall the ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II is the best card I ever tested. I simply can't find anything wrong with it". :eek: once you own one of those cards hit me up in private i have the magic bios that everybody wishes to get volt mods gotta love them.You flash that bios go look for your buddies that own amd card 7970 for sure tell them http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCUQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dg2wD5TaMf2k&ei=SnpMUOO4JsaXiALl9YHoAg&usg=AFQjCNHyMPeYoxxDEOy8p-kZ9EUwHKkJZg&sig2=qWMYsjWv5VP1OO_PkjWSSw&cad=rja ! Asus 670 Top = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djj7jW6ny2M&feature=related

redcode

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
You Can't go wrong with Nvidia lol.. and willyroc.. high end card is an absolute nesesety for the guys who are working on programs such as AE and Premiere trust me i've been there..
Asus 670 TOP is a BEAST.. i recommend it :)

I say AMD cpu = hahaha AMD GPU = dam impressive have really improved driver support compared to two years ago my god i wouldn't use one if you gave it to me back then lol then again if you are kinda poor or don't game allot hardcore a 965BE cpu doesn't look so bad to me i would go with whatever is best bang for my buck rather amd or Nvidia makes no difference to me i favor my wallet just my two cents lol.

redcode

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Hahaha bigcyco1 u're a funny guy, Nvidia fan too, im a fan too..but kn one thing when it comes to bucks u cant deny that AMD cards are better but for the fact that they lack physx and cuda.. they're cheaper and good, if u want to buy a card you wouldn't put an extra 20$ or so just for few more frames.. at the end of the day it comes down to whos fan you're.. AMD or Nvidia..and for what use you're going to use the card..
Adobe = Nvidia end of the story..

I try not to sip the green or red kool aid to hard but sometimes s*** happens! :lol: And i think when choosing a card there allot to consider but i didn't want to bore anyone as i am sure most know these things.

pm8546

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Thanks for the imput, I just want to do this right the first time. My budget would have to be around $400.00 for the card.
What about this card, EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW 2048MB GDDR5 256bit will this do a good job or is it overkill?

Well a GTX 570 would be really good so long as your monitor res is 1920 X 1080 or lower otherwise i would step it up to a $400.00 card

redcode

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

Great, then u're going to need the extra muscle on that 670 :)

Solution