Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Upgrade dell xps 435mt graphic card 2012

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 9, 2012 5:40:47 AM

Hi, i have a Dell Xps 435 mt with 12 gb of ram ddr3. and a graphic card ATI Raedon HD 3400.
this is the pc: http://boilr.net/2009/02/13/review-dell-studio-xps-435m...

and i want to change the graphic card for this one: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked
this is the graphic card i want to put on it: http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/evga-nvidia-ge...

but i want to know if the mother supports it, and if ill have any problem with the temperature of the machine. its a really expensive graphic card, and i dont wanna spend that mount of money and have problems of compatibility or even worst, cant use the graphic card.

from already thank you very much

Makoto

Best solution

a c 189 U Graphics card
September 9, 2012 8:58:40 AM

You will definitely need a new power supply to run that card. But you do have a nice i7-920 in there.

If you are willing to spend the money on the 670, I would save some and go for the 660Ti, so you have money for a new power supply.

All of the power supplies listed by robjordy would be perfect. Usually the 660Ti comes with Borderlands 2 as well.
Related resources
September 11, 2012 4:58:44 AM

Hey! Thanks a lot Robjordy and Deemo13, really! i apreciated the answers!!!

i was thinking just after post, the power supply issue.

the 2 slot of spaces that use the graphic card is not a problem for the cabinet, right? and the graphic card fits in the pci expres 16x slot. but, any kind of power supply fits in the cabinet?

i can buy the graphic card and the power supply. i have enough money for those two things.
a c 189 U Graphics card
September 11, 2012 6:27:02 AM

That is impressive! And it should work great!
a c 104 U Graphics card
September 11, 2012 6:51:57 AM

Thats what she said. :p 
September 18, 2012 10:15:57 PM

thanks for the answers!!!

in the pc:

have a ati radeon hd6950, with a length of 10.6 in (27cm).

the geforce gtx 670 has a length of 9.5 in (24 cm).

which means, that the geforce apparently fix in the cabinet!

in fact, i take a piece of paper with the size of the graphic card, and see if it fits, and apparently fits, but i need to take away the hard drive, otherwise it wont fits.

so i have a doubt, i don't know if the width will touch the 4 sata port in.
anyone try to put this graphic card on this cabinet???

thanks for help me (and any other dell xps 435 user) with this issue!
September 29, 2012 10:04:09 PM

Best answer selected by makotopcs.
!