Help choosing new GFX Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvinch

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Hello fellow forum members!

I am looking for advice from you professionals ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next few months,most likely next year

BUDGET RANGE: US$250 - $350 (Though I'm looking for a card to last fairly long and has a suitable price)

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Battlefield 3(Hopefully maxed at steady FPS),Skyrim (Modded and Maxed),
Guild Wars 2 (Will buy it later,hopefully can max it),GTA IV (Modded and hopefully maxed)

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: A 896MB GTX260 (regular) and Antec 850W PSU

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:
- Intel i7 2600 3.40Ghz
- Maximus IV GENE-Z (Sandy Bridge)
- A-DATA 8GB RAM

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Will buy from store locally,but the pricing is really similar to US prices.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Hong Kong

PARTS PREFERENCES: Might try a ATI GPU,but since I heard they don't really update their drivers often,I prefer Nvidia.

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920 x 1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Must run BF3 at steady framerate(preferably 60 FPS), better than stock cooling, want the card to last a few years,
a low noise level

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have interest in a HD7950,but again,due to driver problems,I'm not really sure.I am also very interested in
a GTX660Ti or GTX670,preferably not stock.

Thanks! :D

Solution
GTX 670 if you can afford the extra 100$ no doubt about it BUT..
660Ti would be better bang for buck..And overclocked 660ti would be very very close to the performance of a stock 670 :)

redcode

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
300$ and a steady 60 framerate in BF3 won't happen..
GTX 660ti should work fine, but next year prices won't stay the same as it is now.. so before you want to buy in like one week come back again and ask us what to get :)

redcode

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
GTX 670 if you can afford the extra 100$ no doubt about it BUT..
660Ti would be better bang for buck..And overclocked 660ti would be very very close to the performance of a stock 670 :)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.