I've experienced a sluggish performance playing Future Soldier

joy123

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Recently, I've installed GTX 550Ti to get a decent performance from Ghost Recon Future Soldier. My PC specification includes: i5-2400 @ 3.5GHz, CM TX3 EVO, ASUS P8H77-M MoBo, 4GB Corsair 1333MHz RAM, CM eXtreme 600W PSU and lastly the card GTX 550Ti itself. Also, i'm using temporarily a 16 Inch Wide LED Monitor from Acer. Installed Windows 7 UL x64Bit with latest nVIDIA Driver from web.

I first set the Graphics parameters likely at High with Direct X 11 on. The game ran unfortunately a bit slow (as if I was using my old 9600GT). Then, the game freezes. I restarted again, and this time I set the Direct X 11 off with motion blur = off, texture settings = medium, tessellation = low, ambient occlusion = off, improved physics = off. Even then, the game was not delivering anything around the kind of performance Crysis 2, BF3 & others was delivering at Ultra. The game still freezes even during exiting the game.

Then, with all the settings low, the game somehow survived throughout with average performance in lieu of quality. But, again at the end mission "Shattered Mountain" namely, the game started to down perform.

Cannot trace the actual problem. Card or the Processor can't be an issue i think. I was thinking about the CUDA cores (192) but again for 16 Inch Monitor, it doesn't matter much. Other games are running smooth. I'm worried that whether my spec is going to survive at least for 2-3 years or not.

Please, guys with the brains, help a pal!!!! If possible, send me a tips to get optimized performance from my PC.

From what I understand, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier is a really bad port. Apparently a lot of people have been having stability and performance problems with the game. If all your other games are performing properly, then it probably is a game issue, and you're going to have to hope that Ubisoft cares enough to release a patch to fix it, or that nvidia can fix the performance problems through a new driver release.

As for your system lasting another 2 or 3 years, most of your system is fine, but you will probably want to upgrade your video card at some point before the 2 or 3 years is up. The 550Ti is just above entry level for gaming these days, you're not likely to max out the latest titles in DX11 unless you are playing at a very, very low resolution.