Setting static route: Linksys WRT54G - Cisco 2514

Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.routers (More info?)

I have a single cable internet connection through Comcast which I have
split with a switch so I could have 1 IP and my roommate could have one. The
purpose is that we both need access to the same ports.

I have a Cisco 2514 setup on the 192.168.1.0/24 network. My roommate has a
Linksys WRT54G setup on the 192.168.2.0/24 network. While we each need our
own networks, we would like to have access to the other network internally.
To do this, we have added a standard ethernet cable between the two internal
networks.

I have added a static route to my configuration as shown below:

router rip
version 2
network 192.168.2.0

At this point, the trouble that we are having is getting the static route
setup on the Linksys. Can anyone offer some advice on setting this up?

Thanks,
Jason

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.networking.connectivity,alt.comp.networking.routers (More info?)

I'm a bit confused on this one. If you are capable of creating a
route on a Cisco router, the Linksys should be childs play. Go into
the Linksys web interface and just set up a route. I believe it's
under "Advanced" and then "Static Routing".