Sign in with
Your question

Please help me Weird Pixalations in games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 9, 2012 4:00:09 PM

I left my computer on last night. Came down stairs opened up diablo 3 and noticed little like bad pixels like small spots with wrong colored pixels. Then when i went into the game stuff was just all weird like models were huge and all over. so i shutdown restarted and basically the same thing happened. So i restarted again went into bios check temps and they weren't to high but just for fun i turned my CPU clock speed back to default. and now everything appears to be ok. So ugh?????????? What do you think caused it?
Cpu:AMD Phenom 2 x6 3.2Ghz OC 3.7
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 9, 2012 4:07:03 PM

How is you system set up ?
What's over clocked, what's not ? Are you using an unlocked CPU ?

You say the CPU is over clocked what about the GPU ?

The little dots are a sign of memory corruption. I had it when I unlocked a CPU before which is why I mentioned that.
It would seem that you were pushing the CPU too hard.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
September 9, 2012 4:40:40 PM

mactronix said:
How is you system set up ?
What's over clocked, what's not ? Are you using an unlocked CPU ?

You say the CPU is over clocked what about the GPU ?

The little dots are a sign of memory corruption. I had it when I unlocked a CPU before which is why I mentioned that.
It would seem that you were pushing the CPU too hard.

Mactronix :) 

my ddr3 memory was clocked to 1600
Gpu is not changed and i have been running my overclock on my spu since i got it a year ago
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2012 4:59:29 PM

I am sure if the cpu integrated memory controller is able to handle 12GB RAM at 1600, specially when you overclock the cpu. Try to overclock just the cpu, and leave the ram at 1333MHz.
m
l
September 9, 2012 5:30:43 PM

jemm said:
I am sure if the cpu integrated memory controller is able to handle 12GB RAM at 1600, specially when you overclock the cpu. Try to overclock just the cpu, and leave the ram at 1333MHz.

Ok ill give that a try
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2012 5:53:20 PM

Cool -- actually, I meant "I am NOT sure if the cpu..."
m
l
!