First time gaming build

leezard1856

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Good evening Ladies and Gents,

Looking for some feedback regarding this gaming build. I plan on using it primarily for Rift and perhaps a few other online games in the future. Additionally, I'm considering using three monitors in the future.

With this build I am most unsure about the cooling and power supply? Too much? Not enough?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/klIu

Thank you all for any help or advice.

NV88

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Are you prepared to overclock? Will you put up and solve (or try to solve) with the inevitable driver issues that crop up with 2 cards? What are you planning to run? Online games will not take advantage of those specs - ?

undercovernerd6

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
the build is fine I wouldn't buy his cards myself. Your monitor choice is probably the most poor choice for this build Ur using 2x 7950 cards when you could run one 7970 gh and a nice 2500/ res monitor. Prebuild liquid kits are as effective as the best air coolers. The case is decent I'd go with something sleeker like an obsidian 650 with a 200mm front intake to keep the gpus cold.

leezard1856

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012

Originally I had planned on overclocking and thus made some of my selections based on that fact. I am still torn on going with dual video cards, though, and for the initial build will probably just install one. Do you recommend doing otherwise?

Online gaming will be the primary focus of this build.... do you think I have completely overshot?