Need some help deciding

Loquitis

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Hello,
i currently have a sapphire hd 7850 2GB OC and am contemplately a trade for 2 x PNY Geforce GTX 550ti and put them in SLI.... im running an i7 3770 ROG maximus extreme IV MB and 12GB RAM.... the sapphire runs pretty beautiful and other than having to bring down the af on arkham city the only complaint is that most of my 3d games are nvidia 3d vision and i cannot enjoy them with an amd card in my system...any advice will be helpful as i am just returning to the computer gaming after a few years or so lol

Solution
I would not replace a 7850 with 2x 550Ti. It has been well documented that mid range cards in SLi/CF do suffer microstutter, which I have seen myself on my own rig and friends'.

The 7850 is a decent card and should be all you need for 1080p gaming. If you want to go the 3d route then look at the equivalent to the 7850 in nvidia world, which at the moment is the 660ti (although it beats the 7850 and is more expensive).
I would not replace a 7850 with 2x 550Ti. It has been well documented that mid range cards in SLi/CF do suffer microstutter, which I have seen myself on my own rig and friends'.

The 7850 is a decent card and should be all you need for 1080p gaming. If you want to go the 3d route then look at the equivalent to the 7850 in nvidia world, which at the moment is the 660ti (although it beats the 7850 and is more expensive).

Solution

Loquitis

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012

then i will get myself 2 660ti if thats whats on top of the market....price is not really of importance..just my performance...thanks alot that helped big time as i was already thinking it was a bad idea