Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Replacement card for my current 560ti 1GB SLI setup?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
September 9, 2012 10:57:09 PM

Hey there guys,

I'm selling my 560ti's 1GB (2 of them) and I'm hopeful I might get £270ish for them both.

Anyway what do you guys think, Nvidia only, would be the best replacement for these in terms of performance and possible SLI in the future?

I was thinking maybe a 670 2GB?

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks.
September 9, 2012 11:15:47 PM

Yes, if you insist on nvidia then the 670 is your best bet
September 9, 2012 11:21:19 PM

gorz said:
Yes, if you insist on nvidia then the 670 is your best bet


Yeah I thought so really. I'd consider a 680 but it slips out of my budget a little + I've read 670 with a little OC is around the same as a 680 anyway?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
September 9, 2012 11:29:25 PM

Yep 670 OC is your best option.
September 9, 2012 11:36:23 PM

Get a 670 that is factory oc'd. An evga ftw or an msi power edition would be my recommendation.
a c 87 U Graphics card
September 9, 2012 11:41:50 PM

I think that Asus' top 670 is the best 670 (although maybe not the best for the money, I don't know its current pricing). DCII or something like that.
a c 230 U Graphics card
a c 79 Î Nvidia
September 10, 2012 12:15:51 AM

The Asus is the one to get ....

http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-geforce-gtx-670-sc-r...
EVGA SC Boost Clock is 1046 outta the box....stable at 1200 Mhz
EVGA SC gets 3DMark Score of 8691 outta the box and 9443 OC'd
Idle temp is 29C / load temp is 78C
Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 43 dBA under load

http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-geforce-gtx-670-dire...
Asus TOP Boost Clock is 1137 outta the box .... stable at 1280 Mhz
Asus gets 3DMark Score of 9340 outta the box and 9839 OC'd
Idle temp is 30C / load temp is 72C
Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 38 dBA under load

That makes the Asus 7% faster outta the box than the EVGA SC, 6C cooler and almost 1/4 as loud under load (every 3 dBA is a doubling of sound level). The FTW is slightly faster than the SC, leaving the Asus model w/ just a 5% performance advantage

The Asus 670 TOP is the only card ever to get a 10.0 rating from techpowerup

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...

The only difference between the TOP and the non TOP versions is that in the beginning Asus was hand picking the GPUs for the TOP series. They have since discontinued that practice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It has the best "bang for the buck" over $300

Guru3D uses the following games in their test suite: Hard Reset, COD-MW2, Far Cry 2, ANNO 1404, Metro 2033, ANNO 2070, BFBC2, BF3, Crysis 2, AvP, Lost Planet 2. Total fps (summing fps in each game @ 1920 x 1200) are tabulated below along with their cost in dollars per frame @ 1920 x 1200:

660 Ti PE gets 851 fps for $300 at a cost of $0.35 per frame
7870 gets 701 fps for $280 at a cost of $0.40 per frame
670 DCII gets 999 fps for $420 at a cost of $0.42 per frame
670 gets 917 fps for $400 at a cost of $0.44 per frame
7950 gets 746 fps for $330 at a cost of $0.44 per frame
7970 DCII gets 924 fps for $415 at a cost of $0.45 per frame
680 DCII gets 1077 fps for $520 at a cost of $0.48 per frame
7970 gets 872 fps for $420 at a cost of $0.48 per frame
7970 GHz gets 952 fps for $470 at a cost of $0.49 per frame
680 gets 989 fps for $500 at a cost of $0.51 per frame

September 10, 2012 10:03:59 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
The Asus is the one to get ....

http://www.guru3d.com/article/evga-geforce-gtx-670-sc-r...
EVGA SC Boost Clock is 1046 outta the box....stable at 1200 Mhz
EVGA SC gets 3DMark Score of 8691 outta the box and 9443 OC'd
Idle temp is 29C / load temp is 78C
Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 43 dBA under load

http://www.guru3d.com/article/asus-geforce-gtx-670-dire...
Asus TOP Boost Clock is 1137 outta the box .... stable at 1280 Mhz
Asus gets 3DMark Score of 9340 outta the box and 9839 OC'd
Idle temp is 30C / load temp is 72C
Noise is 37 dBA Idle / 38 dBA under load

That makes the Asus 7% faster outta the box than the EVGA SC, 6C cooler and almost 1/4 as loud under load (every 3 dBA is a doubling of sound level). The FTW is slightly faster than the SC, leaving the Asus model w/ just a 5% performance advantage

The Asus 670 TOP is the only card ever to get a 10.0 rating from techpowerup

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670...

The only difference between the TOP and the non TOP versions is that in the beginning Asus was hand picking the GPUs for the TOP series. They have since discontinued that practice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It has the best "bang for the buck" over $300

Guru3D uses the following games in their test suite: Hard Reset, COD-MW2, Far Cry 2, ANNO 1404, Metro 2033, ANNO 2070, BFBC2, BF3, Crysis 2, AvP, Lost Planet 2. Total fps (summing fps in each game @ 1920 x 1200) are tabulated below along with their cost in dollars per frame @ 1920 x 1200:

660 Ti PE gets 851 fps for $300 at a cost of $0.35 per frame
7870 gets 701 fps for $280 at a cost of $0.40 per frame
670 DCII gets 999 fps for $420 at a cost of $0.42 per frame
670 gets 917 fps for $400 at a cost of $0.44 per frame
7950 gets 746 fps for $330 at a cost of $0.44 per frame
7970 DCII gets 924 fps for $415 at a cost of $0.45 per frame
680 DCII gets 1077 fps for $520 at a cost of $0.48 per frame
7970 gets 872 fps for $420 at a cost of $0.48 per frame
7970 GHz gets 952 fps for $470 at a cost of $0.49 per frame
680 gets 989 fps for $500 at a cost of $0.51 per frame


Thanks, very informative. However I've done some searching and it seems the TOP version of this is hard to get in the UK all stores that do sell it seem to be out of stock. So if I end up not being able to get that specific card which would you suggest is the 2nd best from that? The non-TOP version I guess?

Thanks.
September 10, 2012 5:54:17 PM

That is why I didn't recommend the Asus TOP card. They are kinda hard to find.
a c 87 U Graphics card
September 10, 2012 6:12:22 PM

Well, I know that at least in the USA, simply getting on the email lists (this is free) for online stores such as Newegg and Amazon will let you get pretty much any card regardless of its availability if you watch your emails. For example, this was the easiest way to get a GTX 680 back when availability was crap for them. I'd think that the same trick would work similarly well in the UK.
September 10, 2012 9:15:21 PM

Hmm decisions,

Would anyone recommend:

Palit GeForce GTX 670 JetStream?

I've seen this card get pretty awesome reviews comparable to the ASUS.
September 10, 2012 11:35:39 PM

ichimaru said:
Thanks, very informative. However I've done some searching and it seems the TOP version of this is hard to get in the UK all stores that do sell it seem to be out of stock. So if I end up not being able to get that specific card which would you suggest is the 2nd best from that? The non-TOP version I guess?

Thanks.


JackNaylor (and a few other users on here) likes to link reviews to the TOP card, brag about its performance and price/performance, then try to sell people the non-TOP version (because the TOP is out of stock or too expensive) which is no faster than a stock 670 and typically more expensive. :pfff: 

Anyways, the MSI Power Edition OC 670 is a good alternative since the TOP is sold out/too expensive everywhere. It's not as quiet as the DCUII cooler, but it has similar clock speeds so it performs similarly. I'd go with that over the Palit Jetstream unless the Palit were meaningfully cheaper. Here's TPU's reviews of each (they score them pretty much the same):
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_67...
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Ed...
September 11, 2012 12:35:56 AM

BigMack70 said:
JackNaylor (and a few other users on here) likes to link reviews to the TOP card, brag about its performance and price/performance, then try to sell people the non-TOP version (because the TOP is out of stock or too expensive) which is no faster than a stock 670 and typically more expensive. :pfff: 

Anyways, the MSI Power Edition OC 670 is a good alternative since the TOP is sold out/too expensive everywhere. It's not as quiet as the DCUII cooler, but it has similar clock speeds so it performs similarly. I'd go with that over the Palit Jetstream unless the Palit were meaningfully cheaper. Here's TPU's reviews of each (they score them pretty much the same):
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_67...
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_670_Power_Ed...



Ooo I see, thanks for your input. I take it this is the MSI card you mean?

http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Other+products/MSI+...

It's available from this site, but not too many others. Never purchased from these guys before but from reviews they seem decent.

The results of the 2 are generally the same and you won't see performance differences. And I know MSI are pretty good for cooling anyway.
September 11, 2012 12:43:38 AM

Yeah that's the card I was talking about. The cooling is great it's just not as quiet as the DCUII cooler on the ASUS card.

I and many others have been very happy with MSI cards that have Twin Frozr coolers on them.
September 11, 2012 1:00:21 AM

BigMack70 said:
Yeah that's the card I was talking about. The cooling is great it's just not as quiet as the DCUII cooler on the ASUS card.

I and many others have been very happy with MSI cards that have Twin Frozr coolers on them.



I think that this card maybe the card of choice, it looks decent which is a bonus. Thanks.
!