Sign in with
Your question

Sound Not work Easy Fix???

Last response: in Systems
November 6, 2012 1:54:57 AM

Ok so I have tried literally EVERYTHING and my Motherboard and front panel audio jack does not work. So i was thinking i have some extra cash. I could buy a high end sound card such as the Asus Xonar Phoebus or Essense STX. Im aware that there is a port where i can plug in my front panel audio hd audio port. Which will solve my front panel audio problem. And i will have improved sound. And the back jack will just be wasted :p . Also will these sound cards have enough ports to support 5.1 or 7.1 speaker sets and an extra headphone jack? I have connector that goes to be keyboard so that i can plug on headphones into my keyboard. Also any suggestions on a $350 or less speaker set. I've looked into the
Corsair SP2500
And Logitech z906

More about : sound work easy fix

November 6, 2012 5:33:10 AM

I have the Logitech Z906 and let me tell you, they are amazing. I have used headphones, speakers and amps and to me nothing compares to the Z906s for gameplay. If you are listening to music, then 2.1 or headphones+amp is the way to go, but for gaming and movies the Z906s are truly amazing.

I loved them from the day I bought them and can't say enough for how good they are. The bass completely shakes the room (and I mean this literally), the sound is crisp and the speakers feel sturdy. Being THX certified also helps haha

Good luck and I hope you do purchase these speakers so that you may experience the joys that I have :D 
m
l
November 6, 2012 6:06:08 AM

Can you please tell us which motherboard you have, before you rush into purchasing a new sound card?

If only your front panel audio jack doesn't work, the problem may lie with the panel and not your audio card itself.
m
l
November 6, 2012 7:34:49 AM

I have the x79 sabertooth a very highend motherboard
m
l
!