My hybrid nvidia card updates makes the card not work

shadowpsychosis

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Hello,
i have a nvidia g105m hybrid card for windows vista 64 and for some reason the card stops working when i update it anyone have a solution??

drums101

Distinguished
a possible fix would to not update to the latest drivers sometimes the latest drivers are not the best/stable....can you give us the specs on the laptop? the g105m is just like an integrated card do you have another video card in the system? also another reason you could be experiencing issues is bc you have windows vista sometimes new hardware doesnt play nice with vista.

drums101

Distinguished
then what I said is def the case...if you have issues with the latest drivers and not the older ones then its bc there is something wrong with the latest ones...I would go back to the next newest ones and stay with those for a while but keep an eye out for any new updates that come out and try those out.

*It's common that the update has to come from the LAPTOP MANUFACTURER, not from NVidia itself.

However, NVidia implies that they have a reference driver that SHOULD work:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-301.42-whql-driver.html

My advice is:
1. uninstall any current NVidia drivers completely
2. try the above driver (if it fails, try the latest one from your laptop support site)

Other:
1. update BIOS if new one exists
2. test RAM via Memtest www.memtest.org
3. update any other drivers as needed (from your laptop support site)

Let us know how it goes.