octashoo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Help!

I usually use my pc daily, and usually put it into sleep when not using it. I didn't use it for 2 days, and when i went to go use it, usually initiated by touching a key or the space bar to wake it up, it didn't and I noticed the power was off. So hit the power button via the front top case. PC starts up (beep code)-(2 short beeps, i believe this is the usual beep code when i start my pc) and hear fans running etc. I then see my main screen (I run big screen and wacom screen tablet) run a display diagnostics for signal VGA, HDMI, etc. and fail them all, it then says putting monitor to sleep. Other second significant problem, so i think, is the light on the computer case (the power button) is not lit up. Anyone have any pointers or suggestions, or similar problems? I did a beep code check, but can't find my specific motherboard beep code chart, but on HP's website it suggest that major/popular brand motherboard beep codes suggest that it is a memory error, more specifically RAM IC.

P.S I upgraded my graphics card, and tried some troubleshooting my plugging in my old graphics card, which yielded nothing, and the upgraded card is relatively new, 1 yr old or less. I tried running my monitor off the motherboard display adapter, and nothing. I would appreciate any information to point me in the right direction of troubleshooting or anything at this point.

PC STATS:

HPE-410y
windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
8g RAM
radeon saphire 6870 HD - (proper power supply)

Thank you for your time, should you reply.

octashoo

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Never mind.... fixed it. The beep code is correct.. it is memory. right after I posted this, I thought I would investigate further. I pulled all the RAM out, and rearrange it in different slots, and re-seat them. power up. BINGO! hope this helps some other poor ah heck that might run into the same problem.