Mother board Issues

VanillaZero

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2012
Well I finally got all the parts for my new computer and put everything together properly. The only problem that I had was that the MOBO (ASROCK Z77 EXTREME6) had 2 dead PCIE ports 1 & 2 so I had to end up using slot #3. The problem with this slot is that its about 1 fingers width above my PSU, there are no cords or anything in that space.

The issue I'm having is whether or not to send it back to Newegg and risk getting a new MOBO that could be completely DOA or similar problems to the one I currently have. I'm also worried about having the parts (namely the CPU) laying around until the new MOBO comes in. it also doesn't help that I misplaced the plastic container for the CPU, and I have no idea how to store it until the new MOBO would come in.

Any thoughts or ideas on this would be greatly appreciated since I'm torn on just keeping it as is and live with the working computer with 2 dead PCIE slots (no X-fire down the road); or dismantling and sending in for a new MOBO.

thanks.

With 2 dead PCIe slots, I'd be RMA'ing that puppy since the board basically becomes as functional as a mini-ITX at that point.
The times I've had to disassemble and store the parts waiting for reassembly, I've cleared out a dresser drawer (wooden) and carefully placed them in there by themselves