move phonebook from nokia to other brands

I have been using nokia phones for years, and I particularly like the
way I can use the data suite to copy the phonebook and the calendar
through the IR to my laptop and edit it there.

I have some software to convert the (proprietary?) nokia data suite
format to excel compatible format and back.

Is there a way to transfer that data from my pc to another brand of
cellular phone, either through an IR or USB connection? Which brands?
Which models?
1 answer Last reply
More about move phonebook nokia brands

    There is one possibility. In most cases, other brands support direct file
    transfer over IR or bluetooth for .VCF format (contacts); jpeg, gif or bmp
    image formats and MIDI's. Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian phones also
    supports data synchronization with VCF format.

    Windows- based mobiles and PDA's also should accept Windows Address Book (
    WAB ) format. We support WAB data synchronization in both programs: Oxygen
    Phone Manager II ( http://www.opm-2.com/ ) and Oxygen Phone Manager II for
    Symbian OS phones.

    Also you can transfer CSV, RTF, HTML or XML documents by e-mail to other
    phones. We support data export to all of these formats. You just need
    special JAVA midlet, which is capable to read, store and edit CSV or RTF
    file attachments.

    Most of other phones support data synchronization with MS Outlook or Lotus
    Notes, which is also supported with our program.

    We plan to add support for more popular file formats in our software, so you
    could transfer your data from Nokia mobile phone to other mobile devices
    (PDA's, cellulars, communicators, smartphones etc.) also.

    You can download the latest trials here:

    Oxygen Phone Manager II version 2.6.0.1 (
    http://www.opm-2.com/download/opm2.zip )
    Oxygen Phone Manager II for Symbian OS phones version 2.3.0.3 (
    http://www.opm-2.com/download/symbianopm.zip )

    http://www.opm-2.com/forum/

    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    support@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.oxygensoftware.co.uk/
    http://www.smsactivex.com/

    Hello, Greg N.!
    You wrote in conference alt.cellular.nokia on Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:31:09
    +0100 from address yodel_dodel@yahoo.com:

    >I have been using nokia phones for years, and I particularly like the
    >way I can use the data suite to copy the phonebook and the calendar
    >through the IR to my laptop and edit it there.

    >I have some software to convert the (proprietary?) nokia data suite
    >format to excel compatible format and back.

    >Is there a way to transfer that data from my pc to another brand of
    >cellular phone, either through an IR or USB connection? Which brands?
    >Which models?

Nokia Phones