Shaidz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hey, I am building my first computer and I set myself a budget of $1000. For this money I am hoping I can play all modern games on med-high settings on a 1080p monitor. Here is the link to my build- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mHsf
Is there anything I should change? Anything that isn't needed? And also how far could I overclock my cpu with the 212 EVO. Thanks alot and I'm grateful to anyone who helps. :D

jungkyu

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
If you're gonna get a z77, might as well get a ivy bridge. probably the 3570k. I dont know much about that motherboard but i think toms did a review for like 6 z77 mobos. if you are gonna do ssd + hdd, not getting a 5400 rpm drive would be good. 7400 rpm is good. The 212 evo is a highly valued aftermarket cooler, im pretty sure you get hit 4-4.5 easy. The 7850 is definitely a good card for modern games. You can play on high-ultra settings on most modern games on a 1080p monitor. The 700w might be overkill if you arent going to be crossfire, but it fits your budget so i guess it doesnt matter that much

EDIT: haha it looks like darksable beat me to it.

Why are you getting old tech? Get an i5-3570k for $10 more - it's faster AND cooler.

Don't buy a microATX motherboard unless you're building to that form factor - go with the Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H.

Push your budget a little - get a 128 GB SSD of a reliable brand (OCZ vertex 4, Samsung 840 pro or 830, Intel 520) and a NOT green hard drive - they spin slower. A Western Digital Blue should be good.

Other than that, you should be good. Don't buy this now, wait till black friday and cyber monday to get the best deals you can - be flexible with parts. Then pick up whatever you didn't find during the sales.

Shaidz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mHWE changed it a bit. Anything I could save money on here? I live in Australia and everything is expensive here.

Shaidz

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

I live in Adelaide.