My computer wont start.

Martinsen

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hello, I got a problem with my computer. It wont start, when i press my start button it start's for a few 2-5 secounds and then shuts down. The "story" my computer worked fine untill i changed into a new Motherboard, ram and an SSD accselerator, when i installed these components my computer wouldn't start, the fans went on and after 2-3 sec the computer shut down again. So i switced back to my old components ( Old and new components(CPU, Motherboard ect.) is listed below) and i encountered the same problem. I tried pressing the start button then pull out the startbutton cable(the powerSW cable). This made my PC start and run for abaout 10-20 sec but still it would shut down. I didnt get into the BIOS by doing this. I have no idea what can be wrong and really need some help. at first i tough it could be my PSU or CPU so i got a brand new of both of them. still the same problem with every combination you can think of with all the components... pls someone help.

Old setup:
Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB, CL9
Intel® Core i5-2500K Processor
Chieftec Super Series 650W PSU
Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2, Socket-1155
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX CUDA
Western Digital Caviar® Blue 500GB

New setup:
Kingston DDR3 HyperX Predator 8GB x2
Intel® Core i7-3770K Processor
Silver Power SP-SS850 850W PSU
ASUS P8H77-V LE, Socket-1155
EVGA GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX CUDA
Western Digital Caviar® Blue 500GB

Solution
Run the system bread-boarded (which is actually a part of the guide). So everything is outside the case on a non-conductive surface (a wooden table, stone bench or the mobo box are all good).
If it boots there, then that indicates that the problem was probably something shorting out.
Why did you get a 3770k and a H77 board? Got an overclock capable chip and a motherboard that cant.
Kingston RAM and Intel systems are a no. The majority of their kits run at 1.65v, while Intel systems arent supposed to use above 1.5v.
PSU doesnt seem all that good either.

Follow this guide, it will find or eliminate most problems. To me it seems like something is shorting out, make sure the motherboard standoffs are all in.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Martinsen

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Ok, i read the guide and i have done most of it. the overclock on the cpu i dont care abaout cuz my cpu fan aint goon and i got the motherboad cheap.. but Kingston RAM and intel systems should work togheter ? it can't be that causing my system to fail or can it ? psu might not be good but it should work..

as i said i looked trough the guide and i have done most of it. i have not done step 3 ( 3. Did you install the standoffs under the motherboard?) .. but i didnt do that on my last motherboad so i dont think that should cause me any problems.. and i did not try step 6 ( 6. Have you tried booting with just one stick of RAM installed?)

But then i still dont get if i switch everything back to how it was when it worked it is still not working.

So you haven't installed standoffs...
Then it is very likely that the motherboard is shorting out to the case and that is what is preventing you from booting.

While 1.65v RAM wont outright cause failure, it puts added strain on the CPU's memory controller that wasnt made to handle more than 1.5v. It degrades the lifespan of the chip.

Martinsen

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
I dont have any standoffs ? it did not follow with the case or with the motherboard.. is there anyway to find out if this is the problem without having any standoffs ? Btw my cabinett is : NZXT Phantom Special Edition Pink

Run the system bread-boarded (which is actually a part of the guide). So everything is outside the case on a non-conductive surface (a wooden table, stone bench or the mobo box are all good).
If it boots there, then that indicates that the problem was probably something shorting out.

Solution

Martinsen

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

GR8!! windows started thanks alot! well i just have a few questions while i still remember to ask. i looked in the Motherboead user gide and i found that it says max supported RAM is 1866 MHz when the 16 gb i bought was 2133 Mhz.. so when i tried now i only had 1 of the 2 old i had witch is 1333 MHz. can i get the new one's working with motherboead.
and is there any way i can use my motherboad in my case witouth standoffs i was thinking like putting a thin piece of wood between the motherboad and the case(as long as the wood dont get to hot and catches fire..) ?

The board will downclock the memory to 1866Mhz to make them work.

Just use standoff's, they should have come with the case.
If there isn't any, go to any local PC shop, chances are they will have hundreds and will sell you them for a few bucks.
It would be easier than going to the trouble of figuring out how to mount a sheet of plywood inside the case and then how to mount a motherboard to that, assuming you can do so and have everything still lined up.

Martinsen

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Problem is i love on an island in norway :p i dont exacly have any local pc shops.. :S
Could i fasten some screws and then fasten the motherboaed up on them xD?

That could be an issue...
Are you sure none came with the case? Would think that a big and reputable brand like NZXT would have all that covered.
Check the website where you ordered the components from, they may have standoffs available.

I'l admit that modding and the manual arts is not my forte, though I am looking into that sort of stuff for a future build. Might want to drop into the case mod forum and ask what would be the best way to do this, as I suspect that screw threads and lengths, the thickness of the board to make everything line up and other such things will go right over my head.