MSI P45 Neo Motherboard GFX Upgrade

rushyang

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
Hey guys,

Thanks for reading my query!

I have MSI 45 Neo Motherboard with NVidia 9600GT 512MB graphic card.

I'm thinking to buy 6770 or 7750. Mostly I'm thinking to go for 7750 even if they cost here almost same because of its less power consumption. My main concerns are about 2 things:

1) Will my motherboard take any of it? I'm not sure about because of GDDR5 graphic cards and most importantly PCI-E 3.0 interface.
Please provide some links so that I can gather some info.

2) I have PSU - iBall Sprinter 600W. I have heard if that ANY PSU sometimes are not able to give out proper power, if that company is not high-fi such as Cooler Master.

I have no intention of buying PSU just cause I'm upgrading a graphic card. My current configuration is as below:

CPU: C2D E7300 2.66Ghz
Motherboard: MSI P45 Neo
RAM:
4GB DDR2 RAM
HDDs:
SATA: Seagate 500GB
IDE: Seagate 160GB
Removable Storage: Standard LG DVD RW
Except all this, I keep attached my Samsung 640GB Portable HDD, all the time.

I'm upgrading this things:
6GB (2xTranscend 2GB 800Mhz + 1xDynet 2GB 677Mhz)
SATA: WD Caviar Green 2 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (WD20EARX) (adding new HDD)
FANS: 2x (140 x 25 mm Blue LED Fan) + 1x(120 mm Fan) (Currently have 2 80mm fans - buying a new case)
Graphic Card: upgrading to 7750 from NVIDIA 9600GT 512MB

I'm concerned about current capacity of PSU after upgrading the Graphic Card.

Cooler master power supplies are really bad :lol:

But yes, your power supply and motherboard should handle HD 7750 without any problems. However, I cannot vouch your power supply being enough for HD 6770.

Also, don't buy RAM that have different specs that the ones you have in your PC atm, because they will just not work.

rushyang

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

Over all, there are no chances that my motherboard is incompetent to take any of those GFX cards, is it? I remember when, I assembled my PC on my own.. I was just worried about PCI-E 1.1 and 2.0
Its been a long time and I don't even remember the difference between those. And now I'm seeing PCI-E 3.0 . That's why I'm little bit concerned.