Multi-Display on unbalanced hybrid (ATI+GeForce) system

Almartor

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Hello I am new in this forum. I registered to ask the community because I have been looking for this for a while and I didn't found my answer.

I have a main graphic card ATI Radeon HD6870 Shapphire. The card have several outputs (2 DVI, HDMI, Digital Port) and I want to connect these displays:

1- Main Display for the main desktop: Monitor 1920x1080 connected at DVI output.
2- Second monitor for extended desktop: Monitor 1680x1050 connected at the second DVI output.
3- A TV with a mirror (duplicated) of the Main display (1).

I usually works on my PC with the two monitors in a extended desktop configuration and simetimes I move to the living room to watch movies from the PC at the TV.

For the graphic card limitations, I can not use the three displays at the same time, so I have to disable the extended monitor and enable the TV and viceversa.

Recently I got a GeForce 210 which I have not installed yet, and I though I could use to be able to use the three displays at the same time.

This card is greatly inferior to the main card. My questions are:

1- Installing this card, which I want only use to enable more display outputs at time, will it degrade my system in any way?

2- If I play any HD movies on the display connected to the geforce, what card will make the job? The main one or the one with the monitor connected?

3- Should I connect to the Geforce the extended monitor (the secondary monitor) or the TV with the mirror from the main monitor?

Thank you very much for reading and please forgive my faults, english is not my mother language.