Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 sata drivers for samsung

Last response: in Windows 7
February 20, 2012 5:56:10 AM

i have an alienware d900 i bought a 1TB samsung sata HDD but it does not detect the HDD with any of the windows operating system. it does not have driver for window 7 but it come with drivers for window xp and 2000 but when i try to install window xp i press f6 to load third party drivers then when is loading it gives me the option then i chose xp then it loads but it still dose not detect the hard drive. please help im going insane....... many many thanks
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2012 7:45:13 AM

sav275 said:
i have an alienware d900 i bought a 1TB samsung sata HDD but it does not detect the HDD with any of the windows operating system. it does not have driver for window 7 but it come with drivers for window xp and 2000 but when i try to install window xp i press f6 to load third party drivers then when is loading it gives me the option then i chose xp then it loads but it still dose not detect the hard drive. please help im going insane....... many many thanks

How is the drive configured in (F2) setup ?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2012 7:46:01 AM

Hello sav275;

What BIOS settings are you using for the new HDD?
What version of Windows are you trying to install?
SATA drivers already in the Win7 installation media.
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2012 4:15:42 PM

ksiemb said:
How is the drive configured in (F2) setup ?

i flash the BIOS to factory default and disabled the RAID mode and that is as far as i got.
m
l
February 20, 2012 4:18:37 PM

WR2 said:
Hello sav275;

What BIOS settings are you using for the new HDD?
What version of Windows are you trying to install?
SATA drivers already in the Win7 installation media.

default setting with disabled RAID mode cos i have one HDD in the laptop, i tried windows xp it does not work, i also tried window 7 but it does not detect the HDD with either of the windows operating system.
m
l
March 4, 2012 5:19:55 AM

please anybody have any idea im going crazy with this machine, the hard drive is not showing up in the bios and i have tried so many drivers and they did not work.
m
l
!