Replacing a few things

mrks

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
Hey guys,
Im looking to replace my case, ram, hard drive, mobo, and processor for around $500 bucks. Basically what im looking for is something that will run the next gen games, I have a 560TI gfx card and a 750Watt PSU so I think i'm pretty much covered there. I would go to my local Fry's but I dont want to get raped by their sales guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and if I can get away for cheaper thats great too. I'm not looking to be able to run the games at 100FPS or anything but something that will be able to run the games coming out for the next couple of years on max setting at a good frame rate. Thanks in advance !!

P.S.
What I have currently is-
Mobo- P5K-E
Processer- Intel QX9650
RAM-4GB of DDR2
Monitor- Asus ML239
HD- 160GB hitachi
GFX-560TI
PSU- 750watt

As I said, I will be looking to reuse the GFX and PSU and monitor but looking to replace almost everything else. Again, any help would be great.

I wont be looking at doing much overclocking... maybe in the future if I learn how but i've tried before and failed miserably. lol.

If you buy it all from newegg cost more see

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Asus P8H77-V ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($115.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($86.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $512.94
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

mrks

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

I wish I could pick up that processor at a Microcenter... would save me quite a bit but there not one near me at all :/

mrks

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

So that CPU would only be beneficial to me if I was planning to OC?

mrks

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

You''ve been a big help, thank you very much. One more question, what about SSD's? Would that be something I should look into if my primary use will be for gaming?

Yes and no most just use it for their OS it would just make things start quicker just so you know one other thing if you get i5-3570k you should get a Z77 motherboard

mrks

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012

Also, on newegg the Hard Drive apparently comes with nothing, do you know what cables I will need to buy for it?

P.S. I know I sound like a idiot, I can assemble anything if I have the right parts infront of me, I built my current computer, I just need to make sure I start with everything I need otherwise I will get lost, lol