New Graphics Card for Dell Inspiron 560

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Dell Inspiron
  • Power Supplies
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 10, 2012 2:36:44 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 560 and am looking for a new graphics card so that I can run Guild Wars 2 on it.

The monitor I'm going to buy is this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007830R64/ref=nosim...

As for the card I have two in mind, either this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Graphics-Express-Eyefinity...

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Radeon-HD7750-Graphics...

I'm not a expert at graphics cards so I'm not too sure what the difference is between these two cards, but I don't want to play Guild Wars 2 on max settings, only high or something so performance isn't that much of a issue for me since regardless of which is the better card they both should be more than enough for me anyway. The thing I'm worried about is will I need to upgrade my power supply which I believe is 300 watts? It's because of this that I will probably go for the card that uses up the less power and won't force me to buy a new power supply if I don't have to. Thanks for any help.

More about : graphics card dell inspiron 560

a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2012 2:53:52 PM

They're pretty much the same thing. Just from different makes. Are you looking to max out GW2 or just play it? What's the rest of the machine's specs like CPU and RAM.
September 10, 2012 3:03:43 PM

I don't want to max it, too be honest anything between medium-high settings is good enough for me. I have 4GB RAM which I might upgrade to 8GB since its pretty cheap, though someone told me that apparently doing that won't have any effect on gaming? As for my CPU I have a Pentium Dual Core E5800 3.20ghz. I know it's not the best but again I don't want to play GW2 on max settings and really want to avoid upgrading my processor because I will be getting a whole new computer in 2 years or so.

As for my main question though, do you think I will be able to run either of those graphics card on my 300watt power supply without having to upgrade it?
Related resources
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 10, 2012 4:08:07 PM

In short ; yes. :) 
September 10, 2012 4:31:28 PM

Thanks for the help guys, one final question and then I'll leave you all alone. :p 

I've decided to get the Asus AMD Radeon HD 7750, but I'm just worried that because my processor isn't the best it will cause some conflicts. I didn't understand it too well but my friend said that if I had a good card it'll be able to send a lot of requests to the processor really fast, but the the processor won't be able to keep up with them. Do you think I'll have this problem with my Pentium Dual Core E5800?
a c 104 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
September 10, 2012 7:05:59 PM

Your talking about a bottleneck. This means that when you have a fast gpu and a slow cpu that the gpu can't run on it's highest speeds ; it will be hold back by the cpu.
It wouldn't give any conflicts. I don't think you'll have a big bottleneck, just a bit maybe.
Your motherboards pci-e version can give compatibility problems though when it is a 1.0 version and the gpu is a 2.1 or 3.0 ( AMD ).
a b U Graphics card
September 10, 2012 7:38:54 PM

Core 2 Duo is quite old and isn't up to the task of running new games.
!