Dell laptop keeps disconnecting from DLINK ROUTER

sergiuvl

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Hello,

I bought myself a DELL INSPIRON 1564 almost 2 years ago. I have been using a DLINK router MODEL DIR 635 ever since.
It worked flawlessly. Now, i moved to a different part of the city and i had to install an internet connection. The connection is the same i used before - 100mbs fiber-optic. The only problem now is that the internet connection keeps dropping 2 3 times a day. Sometimes my laptop sees the wireless connection we set up,sometimes i have to wait one or two days to connect. Furthermore my laptops SEES like 10 other wireless connections except MINE!!!( if i go to a friends place the laptop sees his internet connection and works, the same if i go to any other place with a wireless connection) I live with 3 other people, they all have laptops and theirs work fine even after we reset the router. I also own a desktop PC, i bought a wireless adapter for it and surprise even the PC sees our wireless connection,,even my mobile phone,every other device except my laptop.

Dell Inspiron 1564 core i3 , 2gb RAM ddr3, Intel GMA 4500mHD

Please help me fix this problem, i would like to know if its a hardware problem or a router problem ! I`m going insane!

Best regards,
Sergiu

yote88

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
Try to reset the router to factory settings and download the latest firmware upgrade for your router from the support section of d-link website. But its really a strange problem. Did you change your ISP?

sergiuvl

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
I will reset the router and try to upgrade it to the latest firmware. I did not change the ISP. Another thing i forgot to mention is that a friend of mine who came by a couple of weeks ago also encountered the same problem. He was using just like me a DELL laptop. We had to wait in order to see the wireless network.
I will let you know what happens after reseting the router.