Geforce GTX 670 Question

Hi, I recently purchased the Windforce Geforce GTX 670 and so far it's been phenomenal. Although I just want to clear something up. Upon start up, the cards fans get really loud until the windows boot screen pops up (I think they're close to 100% but I can't really say). Now, I've heard that some Graphic cards do this to start themselves and I just want to clear up that this is normal? I'm pretty sure it is. Now, aslong as this is normal I'm cool with it. But I also wondering if there is a way to change it?

Thanks in advance!
4 answers Last reply
More about geforce question
  1. yep this is normal...the card is waiting for the drivers to load to tell the fans what to do.. unfortunately there really isnt any way to change it.
  2. I think it depends on the vendor some vendors do this other dont I dont think its card specific
  3. i had this same issue with my old 9800gtx+ and yes it is normal.

but i didn't knew that the 670 had this too, my 680 starts as quiet as it is in windows.
  4. Yep, its in the bios of the card. My 670 FTW's do it for a couple seconds when I press the power button. I would assume it is to clear any loose dust out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Geforce Graphics