Sign in with
Your question

Building a new system(suitable or not)

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
November 6, 2012 4:12:20 PM

hello guys...this is my hardware list for my new system...this pc is for gaming and will be OC a little...so i wanna know if this specs are good or need any change..fell free to commend and give ur opinion..thx..hope u all will help me

SPECS (price based on newegg)
CPU:i5-3570k=$220
Motherboard:Asus P8Z77-V LX=$130
Memory:CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB)=$41
Case:CM HAF 922=$95
Power Supply:Corsair CX600=$70
Cooling:COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO=$30
Graphic Cards:GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 2gb=$240
Storage:WD Blue 1tb=$85
Monitors:acer 18"(from my old pc)
total=$911

appreciate ur advice....

More about : building system suitable

November 6, 2012 4:30:14 PM

Looks good to me, but if you can afford it, add in a SSD for your boot drive and see the speed.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
November 6, 2012 4:32:41 PM

Looks pretty good to me. Make sure you don't have the Vengance with the large heat spreaders that would get in the way of the cooler.
m
l
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
November 6, 2012 4:39:20 PM

I second the vote for an SSD. If you get one in the future, you'll have to upgrade windows.

You'll probably also want to upgrade your monitor at some point and use your current one as a second monitor for productivity.
m
l
November 6, 2012 4:48:56 PM

Your built is great. Actually it is identical to mine except I reuse my case, have the V LK board, and cheap ocz psu.

One note though, get cheap ram because that vegeance is only as good as gskill/crucial/kingston/ocz. Now if you get Dominator, then you'll be in a higher category.

Also get a SSD, it's so FREAKING FAST !!! Don't listen to any1 telling you a 15000 RPM is fast. SSD is the fastest. Get the 128 GB Samsung 830 for $99 and you will boot into windows in 6 seconds, no joke. That's how fast I load my windows.
m
l
!