Will adding a 4th monitor to a 670gtx slow things up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have three 1080p monitors on a 670 this is working great most games on high a few on max not bad for a single card. The question is for games that I still play at 1080p on the center monitor it just turnes off the laft and right monitor so I cannot put anything on them like CPU GPU widgets team speak to see whos talking ect. So will puting the 4th non gpu rendered monitor on to put all this info on effect the game play by much or any at all? I have googled around and found all of squat soooo any Ideas. I would just go do it but I need to get an HDMI cable and a hdmi to dvi cable to hook it up..

Thent

drums101

Distinguished
so are you saying you are going to hook it up to the onboard graphics? i am confused as to how you are going to accomplish the fourth monitor...and it shouldnt have any issues with causing games to slow down..you are not rendering the game on that monitor still the same 1 monitor at 1080p so it will have basically no effect

drums101

Distinguished
that will cause performance to suffer it takes some gpu muscle to play videos (especially) HD movies. I would not recommend you do that...also why would you do that? haha is the game that boring that you need to put a movie on also?

Status
Not open for further replies.