Rate my new build

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/mK67) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/mK67/by_merchant/) / [Benchmarks](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/mK67/benchmarks/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/intel-cpu-bx80637i53570k) | £169.37 @ Amazon UK
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rr212e20pkr2) | £23.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
**Motherboard** | [ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/asrock-motherboard-z77extreme4) | £104.12 @ Scan.co.uk
**Memory** | [Mushkin Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/mushkin-memory-996995) | £40.03 @ Amazon UK
**Storage** | [Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-hd103sj) | £55.00 @ Ebuyer
**Storage** | [Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz7pc128bww) | £80.00 @ Ebuyer
**Video Card** | [EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/evga-video-card-02gp42678kr) | £299.60 @ Scan.co.uk
**Power Supply** | [Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu750txv2) | £82.95 @ Ebuyer
**OS**| Windows 7 OEM Version| £69.99
**Case**| CM Storm Scout II Case| £84.01
**Optical Drive**| LG CH10LS28.AUAR 10x SATA Internal Blu-ray Disc Retail Combo Optical Drive| £48.37
| | **Total**
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. | £1057.43
9 answers Last reply
More about rate build
  1. Looks good to me. Solid.
  2. That is a nice balanced build. I would click buy if that were in my cart.

    I've heard ASRock mobos aren't the highest build quality, but I see them recommended and used a lot without many complaints.

    You could probably dice back and forth on GPU choice, between AMD and NVidia; but that will be true in any situation.
  3. djscribbles said:
    That is a nice balanced build. I would click buy if that were in my cart.

    I've heard ASRock mobos aren't the highest build quality, but I see them recommended and used a lot without many complaints.

    You could probably dice back and forth on GPU choice, between AMD and NVidia; but that will be true in any situation.


    Asrock boards have won a few editor's choice awards in recent roundups like this one: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z77-express-ivy-bridge-benchmark,3254.html

    That looks like an excellent build, I say go for it.
  4. djscribbles said:
    That is a nice balanced build. I would click buy if that were in my cart.

    I've heard ASRock mobos aren't the highest build quality, but I see them recommended and used a lot without many complaints.

    You could probably dice back and forth on GPU choice, between AMD and NVidia; but that will be true in any situation.

    Regarding the mobo, I am going off many recommendations and the general consensus that many people, like you said, have very few complaints.

    Secondly the GPU, believe me when I say I have changed my mind thousands of times, from the reference 670, to 680, to 7970, to 7970 GHz... I could go on, not to mention choosing a brand!

    I have finally settled my mind by choosing a 'bang for buck' option, as the 670 is known.

    Thanks for your comment!
  5. g-unit1111 said:
    Asrock boards have won a few editor's choice awards in recent roundups like this one: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/z77-express-ivy-bridge-benchmark,3254.html

    That looks like an excellent build, I say go for it.

    Thanks for all your help especially on previous threads. A lot of credit goes to you, sir. :D
  6. The only issues I've heard about the Extreme4 are that ASRock uses MOSFETs that can get very hot. I don't really see that as being a huge issue unless you're trying to break some sort of overclocking record (in which case you picked the wrong cooling solution). I have to agree with everyone else, that looks pretty stellar.
  7. mousseng said:
    The only issues I've heard about the Extreme4 are that ASRock uses MOSFETs that can get very hot. I don't really see that as being a huge issue unless you're trying to break some sort of overclocking record (in which case you picked the wrong cooling solution). I have to agree with everyone else, that looks pretty stellar.


    I highly doubt most first time builders are trying to break overclocking records... :lol:
  8. The only problem left is my PC location will change in my house thus forcng me to go wireless... Do I go card or adapter? :whistle:
  9. tmorrall said:
    The only problem left is my PC location will change in my house thus forcng me to go wireless... Do I go card or adapter? :whistle:


    All I've ever used are cheap generic USB adapters - there really doesn't seem to be much of a difference from one to the other.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems